I'm getting old... But I refuse to act like it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First jump was April 1, 1974.
Funny but I am uncomfortable on ladders.
For me there was no sensation of falling.
For a real thrill try jumping at night, no moon, no light anywhere, from barely 1000 feet while carrying 80 pounds of gear.

Happy Birthday, young man!
I freaking HATE ladders. I've spent a good bit of time going up and down them the last few years doing site surveys for remodel projects. I can never get comfortable on them.

Jumping out of the plane, on the other hand, almost felt natural. Of course, it was more like I got pushed out of it. 😁 😁 The more I think back on it, the more I want to do it again.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beardking, I’ve watched and read your posts for a long time and I’m glad you reminded me not to act my age..
That's one thing I've never been good at, acting my age. I joke about 'getting old' but honestly I don't feel like I am "old." I know I'm younger than a few people on this board, but I also know that I'm definitely not the youngest any longer either. But, I don't feel like I look or act as old as 50 year olds did when I was in my 20s. I'm sure it's just a matter of perspective, but it's how I feel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom