I'm getting old... But I refuse to act like it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be 72 on the 26th
Yesterďay I played in the pool with my 5, 8 and 10yr old grandkids. Throwing them around the pool and this morning I feel it.
I need to work on my mower deck before I try to mow again, but the thought of being on my knees and beating up my hands is bumming me out, it just takes too long to heal

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t see the king’s crown in your picture. What gives, man? 😛
It was blown off as soon as the opened the roll-up door for us to jump out of. 😁

Instead of a crown, I ended up with a beard mask. 😁 😁

Screenshot_20240721_122223_YouTube.jpg

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool! I did about 25 solo jumps back around 1990; at that school if you went solo you started static line at 3,000 ft then worked your way up without the static line.
I was jumping from 12.000 ft when I decided to quit while I was ahead.
Nothing like it. And it's really windy, right!?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you! I've thought about it, but never done it. This late in life, I probably never will.
Happy Birthday!
Don't discount yourself just because of your age. There was a guy there yesterday that was going after me and he looked to be about 20 years older than me and he looked excited. I would have stuck around to see him jump but my wife was getting really hungry and she was there supporting me even though she was 100% positive that I was going to die, so I had to get her some food. 😁

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you remember the skydiving group years ago here in Ok. that had the plane crash before they all jumped out. A friend of mine here in Ponca was the first one out of the plane. He said it ain't a good feeling to see your plane crashing as you're floating down. He said never again.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome for you getting to check off that bucket list. I’m perfectly ok on my next bday NOT jumping out of a plane by going fishing for a shark is up there.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome for you getting to check off that bucket list. I’m perfectly ok on my next bday NOT jumping out of a plane by going fishing for a shark is up there.
One item on my bucket list is to go swimming with sharks. I'd much prefer it be with great white sharks, but I don't think I'll be able to afford to go to Australia anytime soon. Maybe in Hawaii instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom