I'm getting old... But I refuse to act like it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you. I remember my first jump in 1992. Nothing like what I imagined. It's an experience you'll never forget.
I definitely don't foresee being able to forget today anytime soon. Especially flipping out of the plane door. I wasn't expecting that at all. 😁

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy Birthday
Good for you

I concur, at 16, 50 was ancient. But, it got to be 50 FAST, then blink and 60, now 70 is looming.

Falling out of a plane is NOT in bucket, but anything on the list SHOULD be a top priority.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pictured you as being one big walking tattoo ;) I went sky diving in college; the first jump was such a blast that when I landed, I gathered up my chute, walked over to the jump office, and paid for a second jump on the next plane going up. One of the best experiences of my life!

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend welcome to the side of the second half of life I hope you have. Sorry but heights are not my favorite thing, so jumping out of a plane would not be a check list item, but I have para sailed behind a bunch of wild Mexicans in Cancun before. I drank a lot more in those days. I turned 69 in June- make myself walk a couple of miles a day and if I go to Walmart- park way out and walk another mile just shopping. Then I practice memory work with a bunch of Masons a couple times a week and we do degrees for smaller lodges all around the state which helps keep my mind working. Keep yourself moving and keep the old man out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom