I'm done with RK gun shows,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun shows aren't what they used to be. Nowadays I go cause I'm really bored or I may want something NOW instead of waiting for it online and I go to see if they have it.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is what you make it, I found a like new S&W model 34in the box for only $425. Found a Mint in the box H&K P7 off a dealer for $900. My friend bought a WWII M1 Carbine all original with mags and mag pouch and unopened ammo from 1951 for only $700. They have flooded the fairgrounds with gun shows last year there was 46 at Okc Fairgrounds. They all cost at least $12.00 to get in, it is not the promoters it is the Idiot that runs the fairgrounds. To rent the Modern Living bld cost almost $10,000 for the weekend. They are trying to make it where there are no gun shows at the fairgrounds. $12.00 is high, but again you make what you want. I know for a fact if I didn't go, my Wife would find something for me to do that I know I wouldn't want too.lol I get to go see some eye candy, and be around like minded people.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is what you make it, I found a like new S&W model 34in the box for only $425. Found a Mint in the box H&K P7 off a dealer for $900. My friend bought a WWII M1 Carbine all original with mags and mag pouch and unopened ammo from 1951 for only $700. They have flooded the fairgrounds with gun shows last year there was 46 at Okc Fairgrounds. They all cost at least $12.00 to get in, it is not the promoters it is the Idiot that runs the fairgrounds. To rent the Modern Living bld cost almost $10,000 for the weekend. They are trying to make it where there are no gun shows at the fairgrounds. $12.00 is high, but again you make what you want. I know for a fact if I didn't go, my Wife would find something for me to do that I know I wouldn't want too.lol I get to go see some eye candy, and be around like minded people.

How'd they find those deals? Too good to be true really. Best thing I've seen was a highway patrolman for 500.

dc4ou

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was bored this weekend and could not find anyone to go shoot with me so I decided to go to the gun show. I paid $14 and it was a joke. There were about 5 big gun vendors and a lot of junk. I did get an awesome deal on a S&W 642 ($352 new). If I had not found such a good deal, I would be pissed. I never go to gun shows anymore because they all suck except for the Wanenmacher. You can always find something to buy or look at at the Wanenmacher.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After Obama's "executive order" to crack down on those individuals who deal in firearms without an FFL the number of private sellers at local gunshows has dropped. I have found some smokin deals at the okc fairgrounds but as time goes on they are less and less frequent.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After Obama's "executive order" to crack down on those individuals who deal in firearms without an FFL the number of private sellers at local gunshows has dropped. I have found some smokin deals at the okc fairgrounds but as time goes on they are less and less frequent.

Even before that I have seen a decrease in private sales guys. I honestly dont know how they did it once the internet came along. Who can amass such a collection and still make money on it? Most of the private guys I see are just enthusiast making very little or people scaling down their own collection.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunshows have been over priced shams for many years. We did have one guy try to start up a cheap gun show in town...he held a few and then skipped town, apparently owing people money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom