I'm just not creative enough for a ton of ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend has built many different AR's I am pleased with my first one and it is the only one I have and wife has one just like it
but the color of the lower is different both 16" 1:7 stainless 5.56.
Both lowers are the same.

I need nothing else as these re cheap to shoot and stupid accurate. and the 55gr V-max bullet kills every critter in Oklahoma dead as dirt where they stand.

I can't improve on that.
I would rather spend on my cars or buy another classic car project.
How about an AAR

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My friend has built many different AR's I am pleased with my first one and it is the only one I have and wife has one just like it
but the color of the lower is different both 16" 1:7 stainless 5.56.
Both lowers are the same.

I need nothing else as these re cheap to shoot and stupid accurate. and the 55gr V-max bullet kills every critter in Oklahoma dead as dirt where they stand.

I can't improve on that.
I would rather spend on my cars or buy another classic car project.
How about an AAR

Have you ever taken deer with factory Hornady 55gr V-Max ammo, and if so do you recommend it?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only taken deer with factory ammo that was made in the late 70's and into the 1980's after that it was hand loads only.
And that was 30-30 as that is all that was ever used to kill deer in our home.

Same bullet is used in the 55gr .223 V-max ammo from the store as I use in my loaded ammo.

I have taken apart the store stuff and have shot it for groups as is and tweaked it and changed OAL and it shot tighter groups for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom