I'm just not creative enough for a ton of ARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. If I were to get more ARs, it would be in more calibers and not 5.56.

That said, I also like to have more than one gun in each caliber SO for 5.56/.223 I also have a beautiful CZ 527 with a really cool Leupold scope on it.

View attachment 193683

That CZ is a sweet looking rig!

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That CZ is a sweet looking rig!

Thanks! The Leupold scope has an illuminated "German" reticle on it which adds to the coolness of the mini-Mauser.

First rifle I ever bought where I did not shoot and clean the barrel after each of my first five rounds through it. Target below was my first five shots out of a rest.

CZ527 Target 11.30.16.jpg

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. If I were to get more ARs, it would be in more calibers and not 5.56.

That said, I also like to have more than one gun in each caliber SO for 5.56/.223 I also have a beautiful CZ 527 with a really cool Leupold scope on it.

View attachment 193683

I can’t like this enough, and it’s not for the AR. A 527 Mannlicher with irons is to me the most nostalgic and graceful bolt action that exists.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my thing --- build the best dang lower (okay, maybe two) you can afford --- splurge on the trigger, get a stock that is perfect for you. Get that BAD lever, ambi controls, etc etc. Then, and here's the key, then get uppers that work with it. Getting extended takedown pins is awesome. You can switch calibers in like 30 seconds that way. Using the same lower lets you spend more on mags/optics/uppers.

You can even use the same lower as a PCC in 9mm and still quick change if you go with Endomags rather than a magwell block.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you could build one for each variant of the M16 (M16, XM177/CAR-15, M16A2, M4, etc). See how much lightness you can add. Build ones in different calibers. Build for CQB. Build for accuracy. Build for long-range shooting. Build for Tacticool Timmay.

As for taking up space in the safe, what else would you do with them?
Exactly the ones I Used to own all had a specific purpose. Long range, Home Pro, and one for Tacticool Tuesday

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my definition of a bunch is different. I have 5 and all are set up for a specific thing...but now for the group buy...I am out of ideas. Then I see guys with a dozen or more and I just dont see how a guy could put that many together and them be meaningfully different.
Kinda like the guys with 20 Glocks...I just don't get it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! The Leupold scope has an illuminated "German" reticle on it which adds to the coolness of the mini-Mauser.

First rifle I ever bought where I did not shoot and clean the barrel after each of my first five rounds through it. Target below was my first five shots out of a rest.

View attachment 193700

Shoots as sweet as it looks! The #4 German reticle is highly underrated.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to make something different about each one. Colors, types and length of hanguards, muzzle devices, stock/pistol grip. I just collect them, yeah several have never been fired. I don't care, when the apocalypse comes I'll have plenty of backups.

2 is 1 and 1 is none. And 14 is 13 and so on. :D

Barbie for men. I don't care if most of the differences are cosmetic. They're still mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom