Im too big for this crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not really afraid of heights, I just respect them. And when you've never been up on a ladder much, it feels higher than it is. I will say it's getting less and less nervewracking as I do it more. Nice view though!

20231222_161516.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had many adventures with ladders and heights. Falling never entered into my head until it happened, three times. All three times were on those damn fold up trick ladders.

One time I was in a bucket truck about 100 feet straight up working on a wireless transmission net antenna in McPherson, KS. I saw this figure overhead and saw the B2 bomber flying over me. I could almost read the names on the cockpit. He was doing bomb runs on a range by Salina.

While Dayton tire was still a thing here, I was in an outdoor skycrane working on a corner camera on the Branburry Building. About the time I got up to the camera I had that skycrane almost to the extent of it's travel damn near straight up.

I had just started working on the camera when a big cold front blew in. That cage I was strapped to went about 20 feet to the left then pendulumed three or four swings back to plumb. Well, after peeling my hands off of the rails, gaining back my composure and seeing all my tools fall seventy feet into the sunken drive I had parked next to, I shakingly screwed the camera's clear cover back on, rode the skycrane down, collected my tools and drove home.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A long time ago and in a different galaxy I used to work construction on high rise buildings. You do in fact eventually get used to it, or quit and go into a different field of work, and you get to where you might even become brave (stupid) and get to where it feels normal.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Built bridges, heights have never bothered me.

Now, want me to go into a cave or crawl space…. Not going to happen. About drowned, got stuck under water when I was 11 or 12 and have been claustrophobic ever since.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom