In a Centerfire Semi-Auto, Which in General is the Weakest Link?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which mechanical component or piece is most likely to cause a malfunction?

• The Recoil Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sear

• The Slide Stop Lever

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read up on this; it's the magazines; I promise.

Did you just read an article of Ubertactical monthly and think you're all knowing? :D Tell you what, stop "reading" and take a class or two..... then these cliche concepts as "anything mechanical can fail" become obvious and less of a revalation from reading. Sorry my friend but you're not gonna tell me what I've seen in my experiences, and when it comes to Glocks and 1911s I've seen more problems with ammo than mags. Then again I only use factory glock mags or quality 1911 mags. So as I stated before..... generalizations are stupid..... because it depends on the situation and platform as to what the variables are.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you just read an article of Ubertactical monthly and think you're all knowing? :D Tell you what, stop "reading" and take a class or two..... then these cliche concepts as "anything mechanical can fail" become obvious and less of a revalation from reading. Sorry my friend but you're not gonna tell me what I've seen in my experiences, and when it comes to Glocks and 1911s I've seen more problems with ammo than mags. Then again I only use factory glock mags or quality 1911 mags. So as I stated before..... generalizations are stupid..... because it depends on the situation and platform as to what the variables are.

Uh...no, I don't read the gun-rags anymore actually. Ever see many bad reviews in them? Wonder why? Most of the useless drivel and nonsense I read is in here. :) In your first incorrect response to the poll you said "the shooter" even though I purposefully left that option out and now you are shifting gears and saying it's "the ammo"...There is a substantial amount of written evidence (which requires one to read it) to support my premise that it is the magazines in general that are the cause of most malfunctions in a CENTERFIRE semi-auto pistol. (As to your comment that generalizations are stupid, then why answer a poll where I asked a question that uses the words "in general?) I have had a fair amount of real firearms training, both military and civilian, and have been taught by some pretty good folks. (Wanna get really embarrassed and compare DD-214's with me?) I also have over 36 years of experience with a wide variety of handguns upon which to base my answer...Besides, it's my poll and my soup and you get no soup today. Your taking this too seriously...lighten up before you pop a vein in yer forehead. It's just a poll! We cool? (And go clean your magazines).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the useless drivel and nonsense I read is in here.

Oh I absolutely agree. :wink2:

In your first incorrect response to the poll you said "the shooter" even though I purposefully left that option out and now you are shifting gears and saying it's "the ammo"... <snip>

Actually, if we are talking about what matters then I was correct and even you admitted that. You insisted on keeping it general and that's fine, I then answered within those parameters after I thought about it and you can't stand the answer for whatever reason.

There is a substantial amount of written evidence (which requires one to read it) to support my premise that it is the magazines in general that are the cause of most malfunctions in a CENTERFIRE semi-auto pistol

Right, well you keep insisting what you know because of what you read and we'll both be happy.

Your taking this too seriously...lighten up before you pop a vein in yer forehead. It's just a poll! We cool? (And go clean your magazines

Dunno how you got that......but whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better. I made a sarcastic reply to Mike and then you got all huffy talking about how I should read up on mag failures. Trying to get into a pissing contest with military records? Stay classy my friend. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom