In a Centerfire Semi-Auto, Which in General is the Weakest Link?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which mechanical component or piece is most likely to cause a malfunction?

• The Recoil Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sear

• The Slide Stop Lever

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read it, gave the answer from my experiences as the shooter IS a component of the whole equation. The question as a whole is pointless to me because different platforms are prone to different weaknesses, if the weaknesses are even significant to begin with. No specific problem will be universal except the shooter.

For instance you've had some "Magazine" replies...... mags aren't a significant problem with glocks across the board, just like with many major platforms. However, with 1911s they can be a problem area as generally stock mags aren't GTG. In the same sense, smaller platforms can have spring problems fairly quickly from my experiences whereas a full size will be more tolerant etc, etc.

See your post #27 where you say generalizations are stupid. Suggestion: Let's drop this pointless banter okay?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I absolutely agree. :wink2:

Actually, if we are talking about what matters then I was correct and even you admitted that. You insisted on keeping it general and that's fine, I then answered within those parameters after I thought about it and you can't stand the answer for whatever reason.

Right, well you keep insisting what you know because of what you read and we'll both be happy.

Dunno how you got that......but whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better. I made a sarcastic reply to Mike and then you got all huffy talking about how I should read up on mag failures. Trying to get into a pissing contest with military records? Stay classy my friend. :D

I have no problem staying classy...I want to apologize, from reading some of your earlier posts it appears you may not have a military record to compare my rather extensive one? My bad; didn't mean to put you on the spot.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the smartest answers yet seen in this thread. We meet someday; I'll buy ya a bowl of soup; whatever kind ya like.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problem staying classy...I want to apologize, from reading some of your earlier posts it appears you may not have a military record to compare my rather extensive one? My bad; didn't mean to put you on the spot.

Didn't put me on the spot by any means, any reply will be seen as disrespectful towards military service and I'll bow out of that. It's obviously a crutch you need so you go on with your bad self...... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom