Interesting observation at mall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here about 2 weeks ago the state set up a inspection roadblock here in town and they employed a city and county officer to help and wife went thru it and her 3rd brake light was out so they made her pull over, well the city officer walked up to get her info and as i have taught her years ago she handed her ccl to him with her other info(even thou not required now) and he begin to berate her demanding he search her truck and purse for the weapon even thou she told him she didnt have it with her and she told him he wasnt searching without a warrant then the state guy comes up and ask what was taking so long and the city told him he had to do a search and the state said nope not lawful, and her is when the fun begins, the city told the state that this was his town and the state has no jurisdiction there and the state guy tore him and new hole real and took him by the collar and lead him away as he told the wife to leave and get the light fix and wife said he was still eating that city guys butt out as she watched in her rear view mirror.
I wish I could use the like and angry emoji at the same time

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here about 2 weeks ago the state set up a inspection roadblock here in town and they employed a city and county officer to help and wife went thru it and her 3rd brake light was out so they made her pull over, well the city officer walked up to get her info and as i have taught her years ago she handed her ccl to him with her other info(even thou not required now) and he begin to berate her demanding he search her truck and purse for the weapon even thou she told him she didnt have it with her and she told him he wasnt searching without a warrant then the state guy comes up and ask what was taking so long and the city told him he had to do a search and the state said nope not lawful, and her is when the fun begins, the city told the state that this was his town and the state has no jurisdiction there and the state guy tore him and new hole real and took him by the collar and lead him away as he told the wife to leave and get the light fix and wife said he was still eating that city guys butt out as she watched in her rear view mirror.
My goodness, what was wrong with the city cop? He must be living in outer space. I would have to inform the police chief of his actions, whether as a complaint or not as I'd wanna know if I were chief.
Makes me wonder where he's been? If fresh outta the academy, you'd think was up on current laws. Was this a DPD officer, full time or reserve? Regardless, looks like that dept. should do legal update on transporting firearms for CLEET Continuing Ed. class.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was this a DPD officer, full time or reserve?
It was a fulltime DPD officer ( depends on which D your referring to) But the city has a lot of new officers that are trying to make a name for themselves and push the limit, thankfully the state officer knew who i am and put 2 and 2 together and asked the wife to please beg me to go back to work so things could get done correctly and in a timely matter knowing that when they called day or night i was there quickly to get things done.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Harp. I'll hafta check that. I've never renewed online but have quit getting mail notices.
ETA:
I've never renewed via USPS either. Always been in person at local tag agent.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you forget your tag is out when they mail a notice 2 months before it expires.
Not the case actually. You do not get a notice in the mail if you had paid online. Funny story, last summer drove through Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois Ohio an Michigan with tags out of date by over 18 months. I paid my tag in 2022 online, never got a notice to renew. The only way you get a notice in the mail is to pay in a tag agency. Sad part in much of those states I was going in excess of the posted speed. Even stranger is I did at least a couple of times have a police cruiser on my tail or pass me. Dumb, I know should have been on my mind, but how often does one look at their tags? I was POed when I found out and that day went to a tag agency and they gave me an explanation. I shudder to think of what may have happened if pulled over in another state.

What really gets to me is those that have paper tags on their cars that are out of date by months or even years! Don't people realize they need to pay the tax on their new or used vehicle purchase? Heck, I budget it in and look for ways to negotiate it to be paid by the dealership. The economy is not good, I think this is going to happen much, much more until the economy improves...

NorthFan

Marksman
Reaction score
Not the case actually. You do not get a notice in the mail if you had paid online. Funny story, last summer drove through Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois Ohio an Michigan with tags out of date by over 18 months. I paid my tag in 2022 online, never got a notice to renew. The only way you get a notice in the mail is to pay in a tag agency. Sad part in much of those states I was going in excess of the posted speed. Even stranger is I did at least a couple of times have a police cruiser on my tail or pass me. Dumb, I know should have been on my mind, but how often does one look at their tags? I was POed when I found out and that day went to a tag agency and they gave me an explanation. I shudder to think of what may have happened if pulled over in another state.

What really gets to me is those that have paper tags on their cars that are out of date by months or even years! Don't people realize they need to pay the tax on their new or used vehicle purchase? Heck, I budget it in and look for ways to negotiate it to be paid by the dealership. The economy is not good, I think this is going to happen much, much more until the economy improves...
Lots of new cars driving around with expired dealer tags. When the laws stop getting enforced they are ignored. The maximum late penalty is now $100 a year. You have 60 days now to register a vehicle and can buy a tag for 2 years. The change hasn’t seemed to make much difference.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you forget your tag is out when they mail a notice 2 months before it expires.
I found out the hard way if you move they don' forward the notice. Forgot all about tags trying to get use to a new place. My wife worked in another town and the small town cop wrote her about a $150 ticket. I immediately got a new tag and changed the address with them. Who need to pay extra.

Latest posts

Top Bottom