Interesting observation at mall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a fulltime DPD officer ( depends on which D your referring to) But the city has a lot of new officers that are trying to make a name for themselves and push the limit, thankfully the state officer knew who i am and put 2 and 2 together and asked the wife to please beg me to go back to work so things could get done correctly and in a timely matter knowing that when they called day or night i was there quickly to get things done.
Good ol Durant PD, We got ran off the road about 5 years or so ago by a roll off truck pulling out of that plumbing place on the back road to Bonham, cops show and since I had Illinois tags I was " A Yankee that needed to pay more attention to the road." 3 cars behind me and the people whose yard I ended up in all witnessed it. The company had the driver park the truck and leave before the cops got there. Yet he still chose to claim it was my fault for not driving fast enough. It was a very peculiar encounter. I won't even buy gas in Durant and when I get sent down there to fix machines I'll drive to another town to buy any parts or materials.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, forget the months past due, we are into years now. DA.s don't want to prosecute and police are pissed. It is state revenue too.

In my day, if we couldn't stop them because we were busy we would say, "We'll let that one go for seed".

This meant to us anyway, we would harvest him later and it would give us good PC to stop him.
No biggie. Great PC for a stop. And when I get a DUI or possession charge the car gets impounded. Then they DON'T get it back until the tag is brought current.

Anyway, an average Joe that was a few months expired because he forgot, I wouldn't put paper on anyway.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good ol Durant PD, We got ran off the road about 5 years or so ago by a roll off truck pulling out of that plumbing place on the back road to Bonham, cops show and since I had Illinois tags I was " A Yankee that needed to pay more attention to the road." 3 cars behind me and the people whose yard I ended up in all witnessed it. The company had the driver park the truck and leave before the cops got there. Yet he still chose to claim it was my fault for not driving fast enough. It was a very peculiar encounter. I won't even buy gas in Durant and when I get sent down there to fix machines I'll drive to another town to buy any parts or materials.
The owner of that business was kin to the city mayor at the time now the ex mayor owns the company

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always renewed my (and my wife's) tags in person. I live just a block or so from a tag agent, and they know me by sight.
In 60 years of driving, the only time I ever missed a renewal was during the first year of the CoVid scare. We were already retired and over seventy by that year, and we accepted the 'lockdown' - but [for that, and a number of other reasons] we'll never obey a lockdown order again! Ever.
Instead of costing about $90 each, the following year the two tags cost over $500 total. I'll never make THAT mistake again!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the old days i knew the agent here since he was a city councilmember and i was a city employee and would just drop it off in the morning with a check and pick it up in the afternoon before getting off work or on the way home so was ever a problem but since they have changed its different but since im retired i just pick a rainy day that im not doing anything and drop by.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when online renewal was through OTC, they had a block to check to get email reminder for renewal. Maybe it's changed under "Service Oklahoma" ????
They do send an email reminder, but I usually accidently delete it from my email. They need to send more than one notice, IMHO. But I am also pretty sure one year I did not get a notice at all.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live with the damned JBT. A month before I get the renewal in the mail he will say "Got the tag renewed yet??" 🤨🤬🤬🤬 Here! YOU take care of it ... ******* ... Damned JBTs ... 🙄🙄

Once a JBT always a JBT I guess. I swear I'm gonna roofie his DDP one of these days so he can see what it's like to get ****ed up just once before he dies. 🙄

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife got dinged yesterday in Yukon for expired tag. They are read automatically by tag readers on the squad cars I'm told. They can even verify the color of car matches whats on file. The tag agent told me that they stopped mailing notices and if it's sent e-mail it will often go to junk e-mail so it gets missed. Fewer services and bigger fees these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom