Iphone 4 or 4S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just waiting to see the Nexus Prime (supposedly getting announced next week) at this point. It will either be that or the Samsung Galaxy SII. I have had an iPhone, built apps for them, got the t-shirt... Android is where it's at for me for many reasons!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how no one besides VitruvianDoc even remotely addressed the question. Yes, IMO, the 4s with the faster Internet, the faster chip, the better antenna and Siri, would definitely be worth the extra $100. Go for the 4s.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how no one besides VitruvianDoc even remotely addressed the question. Yes, IMO, the 4s with the faster Internet, the faster chip, the better antenna and Siri, would definitely be worth the extra $100. Go for the 4s.

I don't mind all that much if they expand the topic a bit, sometimes people bring up things I hadn't considered yet. To be fair, I could've worded the question a bit more clearly. What I wonder is if the extra speed will actually be noticeable in real world usage. Will I notice the extra zip from a super powerful processor if I never use processor intensive applications (games) to begin with? Will the increased data speed be noticed if I never use data intensive processes (video streaming)?

These things aside, I think you're right about the Siri. If it works as advertised it's going to be a great new feature. The same goes for the "antenna management software". If it works like it's supposed to then it's a pretty nifty new feature as well. I also like the "world" phone capability. Although I'm transitioning into the reserves from Active Duty, there's still the chance (though less frequently) that I could go TDY to somewhere with an incompatible network with the older models. In the end, I think you're probably right. It's most likely worth the extra $100.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been thinking of jumping the AT&T ship, any opinions of the Bionic compared to the 4S?

Hardware spec wise they're pretty closely matched. The bionic will have LTE which is WICKED fast but sucks battery juice like a mofo. Also, IMO the phones with 4.3+" screens are just too big to fit in a normal sized pocket or tote around comfortably. I don't want a portable DVD player, I want a phone.

Other than those differences, it's going to come down to whether you prefer iOS 5 or Android Gingerbread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom