Is Sparks Versa II really worth the wait?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw on their website that they are claiming a backorder time of 22-26 weeks. They are now limiting the number of orders they take each month. Currently, they are claiming to be fullfilling orders taken in April.

Are they worth the wait?

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't worn many holsters, (the Milt Sparks VM2 was the third holster I tried) but I can't imagine anything being more comfortable or concealable.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so glad someone asked this finally. I was going to post something the other day about the wait time for some custom holsters but decided not to.

But, in my humble opinion..........NO! There are too many other options out there that don't have a wait time (and cost less)

BC

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say "Yes". I have two and love them. K & D has some great ones as well.

I always get a cheaper holster or something I can get quick to use while I wait it out.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought, if you have a popular gun and are willing to go with a black cowhide, you can get a MS VM2 a lot quicker than 6 months from Top Gun Supply. Just sign up for the email notification and be ready to order when you get the email. I have purchased two this way, less than a month both times.:thumb:

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I snatched one after for an email alert from Top Gun Supply. Used it a few times and I must say that my MTAC from CompTac is better for my situation (under a tucked shirt).

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can also camp out in the want ads over on Glock Talk. They show up there quite often.

As far as IWB holsters go, the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is the epitome of what an IWB holster should be. I've owned four of them over the last 2 or 3 years for three different weapons. Hell, I sold one only to buy it back! I owned one for a Smith & Wesson M&P 40...a Glock 23...and a Glock 22 (twice). I only sold them because I realized that I'm too damned fat to wear an IWB holster. :rolleyes2

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YES the VMII is a very comfortable holster and with the clips you can carry tucked. I carry a 5 inch 1911 fvorite very comfy. sometimes i carry a P226 with a VMII it hides great and is also very comfy. but for my sp101 and the j frame i prefer the executives companion. the sparks are worth the wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom