is there anything better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr PM9 was my primary carry for several years...and it's nearly ideal if you need pocket carry on a fairly regular basis.

I think that the Kahr PM9 is ideal for a summer carry pistol. I like the Rohrbaugh too, but I do not believe that it is rated for +P. I think a PM9 with Winchester Ranger +P+ is a great pocket carry. Before that, I had a Seacamp 380 (which is very similar to the Rohrbaugh), but the Kahr is exponentially more accurate.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, he asked "for the average concealed carrier who prioritizes always having a gun"

Therefore, I gave my opinion which is that "for the average concealed carrier who prioritizes always having a gun" the Rohrbaugh offers the ability to conceal better than a JFrame due to its size. The fact that it is 9mm and holds more rounds is just icing.

Did you try a PM9? Just curious how it compared to the Rohrbaugh for you?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you try a PM9? Just curious how it compared to the Rohrbaugh for you?

PM9 isn't comparable for me for 2 reasons:

1) Rohrbaugh is the only 9mm that fits in my back pocket (I use a Recluse and carry it like a wallet) PM9 won't fit.

2) Rohrbaugh is a DAO with a hammer (that provides a level of safety that I feel secure with in back pocket carry)

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM9 isn't comparable for me for 2 reasons:

1) Rohrbaugh is the only 9mm that fits in my back pocket (I use a Recluse and carry it like a wallet) PM9 won't fit.

2) Rohrbaugh is a DAO with a hammer (that provides a level of safety that I feel secure with in back pocket carry)

I'll have to find those overlay pics, but the PM9 is barely larger; but if it doesn't fit your pocket, I can see how that'd be a deal breaker. How is a hammer more safe than a striker?

I just shot the PM9 better. It is more controllable (for me), has better (actual) sights, and is +P rated. Also, the slide lock is nice, especially if you ever have a malfunction.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 38 SW snubbie, just could not find a comfortable carry fit for me, always seemed a little fatter for my waist band or belt carry and a little too long to fit down in my pocket.

I usually go with a 1911 with jeans or a P238 in a thin pocket holster with slacks or shorts in the front pocket. Little harder to get to, but at least I have it along with me.

Everyone has to find the combination of firearm and holster combination that works for them.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to find those overlay pics, but the PM9 is barely larger; but if it doesn't fit your pocket, I can see how that'd be a deal breaker. How is a hammer more safe than a striker?

I just shot the PM9 better. It is more controllable (for me), has better (actual) sights, and is +P rated. Also, the slide lock is nice, especially if you ever have a malfunction.

The Rohrbaugh is smaller in every measurable dimension and is also lighter. With the added Recluse it is a perfect fit in my back Jeans pockets. The PM9 won't fit.

The DAO trigger pull is much safer while in my pocket than a striker fired gun with much lighter trigger...mentioning the hammer is just discussing another difference.

The second I wear something with smaller pockets (suit/dress pants) I immediately go to my Seecamp .380

In every other case I carry a G19 IWB.

40% Rohrbaugh
40% Glock 19
20% Seecamp
= 100% Gun on my Person.

If wanting a compact sidearm isn't a concern, I wouldn't recommend (or carry) a Rohrbaugh....If I was always IWB it would be a G19 everytime.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only handled 3 Rohrbaugh pistols, but I didn't get the sense that the trigger was much heavier than the the PM9 trigger. I do think the PM9 trigger is smoother; but it takes a long dedicated pull to fire it. I still don't understand how the Rohrbaugh is any more safe.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only handled 3 Rohrbaugh pistols, but I didn't get the sense that the trigger was much heavier than the the PM9 trigger. I do think the PM9 trigger is smoother; but it takes a long dedicated pull to fire it. I still don't understand how the Rohrbaugh is any more safe.

R9 is 11#
PM9 is 7#
JFrame is 10# for reference.

If you don't believe that a heavier, DAO trigger pull isn't inherently "safer" then we have a major difference of opinion. If I'm reaching into my pocket to pull a gun under duress I want the heavier pull to minimize AD.

This is mute for me anyway, the PM9 doesn't fit as back pocket carry so it would immediately be cast aside in favor of a G19 IWB.

The DA pull of the R9 trigger is absolutely the smoothest DA trigger I've used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom