Issue with Sportsworld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been their done that..at least they didn't cost you money in shipping fees for a hunk of crap that you told them not to send to the manufacturer if they couldn't fix it.

Used Para p10 at gunshow $425 total lock up after 100 rounds.
Shipping to and from para $120
Complete new upper end $400.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar issue where I felt I hand to pester them to get my rifle taken care and it was just a matter of cleaning it up and headspacing it to ensure it's safety. Got it back cleaned and not headspaced despite having to ld them I wanted it headspaced. Took them another week to get the headspace done. All in all, it took a little over a month.

I've continued to purchase stuff there, I just won't be using them for service.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to Sportsworld all the time and don't have any problems but I don't use their gunsmith. Because acouple of years ago myself and a friend were going to Red Castle and he said I have to stop in to Sportsworld and pick up my firearm. They have had it for a week and said it would be done yesterday. We stopped and inquired about it and they said oh he hasn't even looked at it. So since then I always go to Mike at OPS for all my gunsmithing needs, never a problem.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy just had an issue with them as well. I shop there frequently but more for convience then anything. My friend took in a mosin a while back to have a pu sniper scope installed. They told him it would take a week or two. He called numerous times. They stated they would call him and that there was no need for him to call back until then. Right about the two month mark he went in to ask about his rifle and it turned out they hadn't touched it. They said it was to hard to tap a few holes and handed him back his firearm. He was pretty annoyed since the last few months of good weather he didn't have his rifle

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 30 years or so ago when they were at the orig. shop I had them re-blue a High Standard H-D for me, took 6 months and when I got it back it was a pretty poor job, looked like cold blue, never been back except to take a friend from over seas in cause he asked me to.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy just had an issue with them as well. I shop there frequently but more for convience then anything. My friend took in a mosin a while back to have a pu sniper scope installed. They told him it would take a week or two. He called numerous times. They stated they would call him and that there was no need for him to call back until then. Right about the two month mark he went in to ask about his rifle and it turned out they hadn't touched it. They said it was to hard to tap a few holes and handed him back his firearm. He was pretty annoyed since the last few months of good weather he didn't have his rifle

Mike at OPS put my PU scope on my mosin, did a great job.:fullauto:

Nightops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they do end up holding your firearm hostage to get payment, make sure you pay via credit card, and then protest the charge once it posts. Credit card companies are much more consumer friendly than a debit card transaction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom