It’s going to get cold!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It got so cold last night that our entire block had our electricity frozen. Hopefully it will thaw today.
My wife woke up groggy and she actually believed me when I told her our electricity was frozen.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When i got up this morning, the temperature outside here at the park was 17 degrees. As I look at the thermometer now, it is 13.8 degrees, and I think it is still dropping. Got a fair breeze as well.

I have this distinct feeling that I'm not likely to get out today...

...retirement can certainly be great.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got up and was at Lowe’s at 7:00 this morning wearing my shorts and hoody. It was 14 degrees. The cashier ask me if I was staying warm. Yep, it hasn’t got cold yet as she looked at me sideways.

Supposed to be 2 degrees in the morning.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve seen OnCue signs advertising that they winterize their diesel. I wonder if they and others treat their diesel with anti-gel additives. With that said, I still use Stanadyne year round for cetane boost, lubricity, anti-gel, etc.

I’m just waiting for it to get real bad and then I shall go to town to buy bread and toilet paper. Oh and diesel anti gel.

I don't think diesel gels like it used to back in the day. I had three diesels in the driveway and a tractor sitting next to the shop in Feb 2011 when it got down to -17⁰ and again three or four years ago when it didn't get above 10⁰ or so for a few days in a row. None had antigel in the fuel and all started like normal. I had two different trucks gel in the late 1990's in warmer temps than those. Anyone experienced the same?

Looks like I spoke too soon fellas lol!! In all my years here with diesels I've never had it happen. Bought all my fuel from stations with Cenex fuel. He can't remember where he bought fuel last.

Screenshot_20240113_122125_Messages.jpg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess this explains why I've never had it happen.

View attachment 444717
Yessir I didn’t reply back to you the other day because honestly I haven’t put the rhyme and reason for it gelling together. Supposedly our bulk fuel that is delivered this time of year is winter blend but we still treat the actual tracto/truck tank. My brother travels the country hauling horses and running in “convoys” often. One guys truck might gel and another guys might not running the same fuel as each other. I’m sure there’s a science to it. My solution is always treat fuel when it’s gonna get below 20 for a day or two. A guy has to factor windchill too. I don’t know of any drawback other than a couple minutes to dump some treatment in. I have too many folks and animals depending on me to risk it. All of our tractors start no matter the temp but I still keep atleast one plugged in just for assurance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom