J&K .38 158gr. LSWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got to shoot the bullets talked about in an earlier post. Everything went good. No leading and the bullets went where I aimed them. Here is a couple of pics,

Happy Brass
ai722.photobucket.com_albums_ww222_oneof79_happybrass.jpg

Jerry Miceluk Hand
ai722.photobucket.com_albums_ww222_oneof79_dirtyhand.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll give up my Unique when they pry it from my cold dead powder measure. It's just so darned versatile.

LOL. Yes it is a great old school powder.

I use AA#5 in it's place though. I call it a more modern version of Unique. Seems like it's just about as versatile, pretty close to the same applications and it's cleaner burning. But just like Unique if you go too light with it, it will "dirty up" on you a little. And it's fantastic for "full house" :lookaroun :naughty: .45ACP loads.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Universal I had left a lot of junk left over. There were brown flakes that looked like poorly burned powder. I think this has to do with the light loads in the .38 because the 4.0s had a lot less of it, but it was still there.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
unique is excellent for .38. Been used for years, economical, easy to use for first time reloaders, and can load mild to wild.

Latest posts

Top Bottom