J&K .38 158gr. LSWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Both my GP100 4" and my wife's Security Six 4" love the 158gr LSWC. Seems to be more accurate with that than with jacketed bullets. I might do some checking, but certainly more than decent with them.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dustingaunder,

I loaded up that whole bag of bullets we were looking at last night. 3.2 grs Bullseye. I only had two whoopsies. .357 mag brass ran thru a case belling die set to .38 special length. Basically wasted 2 primers.

ai722.photobucket.com_albums_ww222_oneof79_whoopsies.jpg

ai722.photobucket.com_albums_ww222_oneof79_20038Special.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, whoopsy! Those look good. I like brass cases with the lead bullets though. The nickel ones look better with jacketed bullets!! I may have to go load up 50 more for an even 200. I'm about reloaded out for this week though. I gotta get a progressive for my pistols.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I got to the gun club and tried out my loads today. They all shot very well and there was noticeable difference in recoil on the .38s. The 3.6 was VERY light and the 4.0s were starting to get some good thump on them. I might load up some a little heavier to try next time. The 3.6s felt like a p22 or so. They were very soft. They made a lot of smoke with all 3 loads, but no biggie outside. I really like shooting .38s through my GP.

As far as accuracy goes, I think the 3.8s were the most accurate. We were just shooting plates at the plinking range, but they seemed to fall more often with the 3.8s and I shot a couple cylinders of each at a time then changed. I wasn't just warmed up when I got to them. I mixed them up pretty good.

The .357 Mag loads I made with 135gr Gold Dots and 16 grains of 2400 were flame throwers. Very accurate and very powerful. These were very impressive in the flame department. I really enjoyed shooting them because of the fire.

None of the J&K bullets leaded at all that I could notice. I am very happy with these bullets.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

So you liked the 2400 .357 mag loads? Someday we'll have to go to the range together and compare some loads. I want a chrono to really compare performance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom