John Deere to mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the workers likely wouldn't lose jobs due to companies moving if the business climate in this country wasn't so difficult due to government.

I get what you're saying, I just think the bulk of the problem lies with a predatory government.
To bad there’s nothing we can do about it

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve read and listened to more than one patriotic fellow discuss the move from a labor valuing system that creates a strong nation to a “money trumps all” system.

The result of profit being the only consideration is a weaker nation, and harder times for those who labor.

Since a great deal of folks are only interested in “maximizing profitability” we get Wal-Mart, and a flood of imported goods, which gets us to where we are today- less manufacturing, more service jobs. If that’s good for the country I sure am glad.
One thing about you Ted, you definitely don't neatly fit in a 'political' box..

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unions took the playbook from the mafia, they just don’t commit the crimes
Not always so. The teamsters are well known for violence against other truckers.
In the 70’s, I was driving a semi for Rocket Freight lines. We were non-union.
I was on I-35 during the strike. The only truck on the road, when a station wagon pulled up to me, waving to pull over. Guy in the back seat had a shotgun in his lap, so I pulled over. Passenger came back to me and asked if I knew there was a truckers strike ongoing. I did but played dumb. No CB, and cell phones didn’t exist. Told him I’d park it right there if he would call my dispatch for a ride. Gave him the number and sat there until the boss showed up.
Told him I wasn’t going to drive it back, so we traded vehicles and he drove it back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not true. I’m on 3 different boards, I object all the time. There is no reason other than greed to give ourselves a raise if it’s not needed.
We put that money back into the companies and when time we give ourselves a raise.
You’re the exception, not the norm, hence the disparity in salaries for CEO’s over time as previously posted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom