Joined the AR crowd...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the crap that is going on in CA and Moonbeam signing more gun laws I thought it was time to make a purchase of my first AR. I actually got one and a half rifles. First was a Daniel Defense M4V7 M-Lok and the other is an LMT Defender complete lower. I installed folding Troy Battle Sights on it and now looking for some sort of optic. I do have a Vortex PST 1x4 but not sure if that is the route I want to go. Taking it out on Sunday to shoot and learn to break it down, etc. CLosest thing I own to the DD is Mini 14 so much of it will be new to me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 185

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
that's a darn good looking rifle. the pst should make a good optic for it unless you have something else in mind. what butt stock is that? i have one i think that would look good on.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's a darn good looking rifle. the pst should make a good optic for it unless you have something else in mind. what butt stock is that? i have one i think that would look good on.

Thanks. The Buttstock is a Daniel Defense product. I changed out the rear rubber pad to the thicker one to get more LOP but may change it back to the thinner one.

The PST should work great but thinking more of a red dot or holo sight but have very little experience with them. NOt to mention with the new law starting in Jan 2017 I'd rather put my cash towards one one more 308 complete lower and one or two 556 lowers.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. The Buttstock is a Daniel Defense product. I changed out the rear rubber pad to the thicker one to get more LOP but may change it back to the thinner one.

The PST should work great but thinking more of a red dot or holo sight but have very little experience with them. NOt to mention with the new law starting in Jan 2017 I'd rather put my cash towards one one more 308 complete lower and one or two 556 lowers.
Maybe I've been living under a rock, what law is taking effect January 2017 that would apply to a AR?

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking rifle. As far as a red dot, I just picked up a Vortex Sparc 2. 1x magnification. Build quality seems really top notch, and the reviews are very positive. If you like your old Vortex, it may be the one for you.

The dot was plenty bright today at the range, and believe me, it was sunny.

And hot. Really hot. Did I mention hot?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the crap that is going on in CA and Moonbeam signing more gun laws I thought it was time to make a purchase of my first AR. I actually got one and a half rifles. First was a Daniel Defense M4V7 M-Lok and the other is an LMT Defender complete lower. I installed folding Troy Battle Sights on it and now looking for some sort of optic. I do have a Vortex PST 1x4 but not sure if that is the route I want to go. Taking it out on Sunday to shoot and learn to break it down, etc. CLosest thing I own to the DD is Mini 14 so much of it will be new to me.
Awesome choices. Im thinking what to do also with what to have when Im home here in CA and when Im at the other place in OK and a new place we just locked in in CO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom