Wanting a new rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a c39. Although I liked it you cannot customize it very much. Is has a different rear end than other ak variants. It has two tangs so you have to modify it and I only found one stock that I could make fit. And it wasn't a side folder. Never had any problems with it other than having some fte's. I think that was the mags I was using. And it doesn't have the cleaning rod like most ak's do. I like the cleaning rod. I would get either another ak or get an ar. Personally I would get an ar. Or you could get a wasr and customize the heck out of it. Good luck.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to vote for the AR15.

Not hard to find a decent rifle at your price point.
Easy to customize with readily available parts.
Magazines are cheap and easy to come by, though AK mags are as well.
Ammo availability. Not a problem now, but even though 7.62x39 is out there cheap at the moment, who knows where the politics will go.

True that.
The only reason why the AK was an option for me is because of the round it shoots.
I know the SKS and the Mini-30 shoot the same thing but there isn't much you can do to those two rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the AR-556, I'm for sure going to get a better collapsible stock, a flat CMC trigger, Bravo Company charging handle, Troy flip-up sights, a low profile gas block (Probably from Samson), Samson Evolution 15" handguard, an H&K or Sig style pistol grip, a Fortis SHIFT vertical foregrip (Probably the short version), and some sort of optic.

Why not just build your own AR with the parts you want?

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could do that, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be to pricey or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to get hooked up with somebody in your area who knows ARs. Fondle and shoot some and decide what you want and build it from the sales on Black Friday. I have 3-4 friends I am hoi g do this, they will have nice rifles that I helped them put together and they will understand how everything works. AR really is Barbie for boys.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the Ruger?

It is an outstanding rifle, but you say you are looking to get a leg up before joining the army. Get what you will be using
Colt LE.

Just wondering. You seem to be well informed and pretty sure of you desired set up. The only way I would vary from that would be if someone had specifics on quality issues or extremely good bargain.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to customize it this much why not just start with a lower and add the parts that you want. No need in buying parts twice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom