Wanting a new rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need for any input sounds like your minds made up. On a semi auto. Lots of far superior options out there versus an ar or ak but get what your heart desires.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have any experience with 2 vets arms? They have some very nice looking rifles but I have no idea how good they are. Not a bad price considering what you get.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the Ruger?

It is an outstanding rifle, but you say you are looking to get a leg up before joining the army. Get what you will be using
Colt LE.

Just wondering. You seem to be well informed and pretty sure of you desired set up. The only way I would vary from that would be if someone had specifics on quality issues or extremely good bargain.

The reason why the Ruger is for the fact it's good, reliable, and for the most part, cheaper than most top notch AR's.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to customize it this much why not just start with a lower and add the parts that you want. No need in buying parts twice.

The thing I'm going to do with it is like a "strategy".
Since I'm not the greatest with rifles I'm going to first shoot at 50 yards, at bench, put five rounds in a 2x2 inch circle, and do that 10 times (Or more if needed).
Then I'm going to do that again but at 100 yards.
Then go back to 50 yards and do it all over again, but standing.
This will be all done with just a standard rifle (Such as the Ruger AR-556).
Then once I feel more comfortable I'll start to add the parts that I'd like to have on the rifle.
Then I'll just keeps doing it over and over and over again until I feel that I'm really good with the rifle.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are overthinking this. While they can be made so, basic ARs are not a precision platform, they are an infantry tool.

Buy a reasonably priced AR from any reputable manufacturer, buy a bunch of ammo and shoot the piss out of the rifle. Learn how to take it apart and put it back together. Then go shoot some more. Start with fundamentals of marksmanship and build from there.

If you want to "train for the Army", get something close to the mil design (hint: issue rifles don't have folding front sights). Learn the proper nomenclature of all the parts and memorize the "Army" method of field stripping and function checking. That will do you better in Basic than learning how to shoot it will.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are overthinking this. While they can be made so, basic ARs are not a precision platform, they are an infantry tool.

Buy a reasonably priced AR from any reputable manufacturer, buy a bunch of ammo and shoot the piss out of the rifle. Learn how to take it apart and put it back together. Then go shoot some more. Start with fundamentals of marksmanship and build from there.

If you want to "train for the Army", get something close to the mil design (hint: issue rifles don't have folding front sights). Learn the proper nomenclature of all the parts and memorize the "Army" method of field stripping and function checking. That will do you better in Basic than learning how to shoot it will.

That is exactly what I'll be doing, I'll be doing it for a good amount of time.
Once I pretty much have all of that down as say a "6th sense" then I'll start advancing the rifle with the parts that I'd like to have on it.
Besides, I've been looking into 3-Gun as well so that's why I want all those parts.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I already found the AR I want (Actually it's on lay-away right now)! :hyper:
It's the DPMS Oracle and it's brand spankin' new for anywhere between $640 to $680.
Heck of a deal since MSRP is $740.
Since it doesn't have any sights on it me and my dad got some Magpul black flip-up sights.
So now for the most part, I'm pretty much set (As for right now). :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom