Wanting a new rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

They do have a decent DB15 with a 7.5" barrel, it just doesn't have the brace.
If I get the price I want on this rifle I might sell (Well actually my dad'll sell it since I'm only 16) then it won't be a big deal to get the Sig Arm Brace.
The DB15 is pretty much at $700, I know my dad will help me out with the arm brace and other parts, for the most part.
So I might just do that, although he keeps pushing me towards a standard sized M4 Carbine platform AR-15.
Such as the new Ruger AR-556.
Only due to the fact that I'll be joining the Army once I'm out of high school.
Plus, he's also somewhat pushing me towards 3-Gun since my pistol skills are very good and my rifle skills just need to be a bit better, as far as a shotgun I just need to learn how to load one fast. That won't be a big deal since I'm a quick learner. :P

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe this will make my search for an AR a bit easier.
I'd like to get one that doesn't have the triangular A2 front sight on it, just a low profile gas block with a quad-rail handguard.
I mean, I can possibly take off the A2 front sight since it is on the Ruger AR-556 but since my dad knows more about the AR than I do (Due to being in the Army for 21 years) he says it's a pain in the rear to take it off and I'd have to already have a new gas block for it.
Why is this so dang difficult!? :cry11:

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep the CZ-527. Much better rifle than either the AR or AK, and not just because it lacks the mall ninja "cool" factor.

True, it is an excellent rifle.
I've just never had the "taste" for bolt action rifles unless it's something classic like a TRUE German Kar98k, 1903 Springfield, British Lee Enfield, and a Swiss K31.
The only other bolt action rifles I'd probably own would be a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag, FNH Ballista in .338 Lapua, Sig Tac-2 in either .308 or .338 Lapua, or the Steyr SSG 08 in .308, .300 Win Mag, or .338 Lapua.
I just don't have a large interest in bolt action rifles, plus I need an AR for training for the Army so I can be "a step ahead" of everyone else.
I'm not sure yet if I'mma get rid of her for sure.
That's why I'mma keep looking for a while until I know for sure what I wanna do and what I want.
If my dad would let me, I'd get me another pistol but he won't let me.
He said the only way I can get rid of it is if I get another rifle with that money or if someone is willing to trade an AR without the triangular A2 front sight.
The only way really that I'd get an AK is if I'm not able to get an AR at all.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to vote for the AR15.

Not hard to find a decent rifle at your price point.
Easy to customize with readily available parts.
Magazines are cheap and easy to come by, though AK mags are as well.
Ammo availability. Not a problem now, but even though 7.62x39 is out there cheap at the moment, who knows where the politics will go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom