Judas Iscariot: Bad Guy or Cosmic Patsy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was Judas Guilty?

• Bad Guy

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Messianic Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Books, stop with the booze.

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If Judas did what he was directed to do at the behest of God then its all cool.

Ive also pondered "what if satan asked God for forgivness"....but then I guess God already knows If he would or will...or perhaps God knew Satan would rebel and God allowed that to.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question, J.B.

While I don't recall any specific verses that draw a similar analogy with the Pharoah of Moses's time, I think God simply used Judas' inherent greed to his purpose. As for Pharoah, the Bible even speaks to "God hardening his heart." So, while Pharoah might have repented, it would not have been a benefit for God's plan.

All of mankind is born with the free will. Because of that, we ALL will sin and continue to sin. Even if we "repent," we will sin again and again and must keep asking for forgiveness. As for who will go to heaven, only God can make that judgement. All the rest of us can do is to try to live our lives the best we can and continue to strive for a sinless life, even though we will continue in sin. Even Paul spoke of doing what he did not want to do.

So, in spite of my evil ways, I do want to do better and the best way to do that is to continue to go to church with like-minded individuals to better myself.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing myself. I believe in free will, not pre-destination. What Judas did was necessary to fulfill God's plan, so in that sense one could argue he was pre-destined to do it, but I still think he had the choice to turn down the offer. But I could be wrong. Have been before, and probably will be again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom