Judge violently beats daughter... video just released by the daughter. Very Graphic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will admit I making this into a bit of an exercise. I don't disagree with you, but the point is there's a veritable panorama of interpretations of what is allowable based on that statute. I suspect it was written to allow parents benefit of the doubt when it came to reasonable physical punishment, but I would go so far as to call the wording reckless with what it allows.
Rape wouldn't be allowed because a child under the age of 18 legally cannot consent to anyone over the age of 18. Period. It is impossible under the law for a 19+yr old to have legal sex with a 17 yr old. That's why it's called statutory rape.

Anyway, it is Texas, and they're all for freedom to do whatever you want (unless it's homosexual). But I can see why their law is so lax compared to a lot of other states.

In Oklahoma, you can't starve or torture a child either. But you can spank, switch, paddle, etc. your child for discipline. It's not specifically listed, but I'd imagine hitting with a belt would also qualify as legal in OK. The interesting thing is that a school teacher and other adults can discipline your child too with the same force. And if they do it to your child for discipline purposes, you can't bring them up on charges.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think some wars are justified, but not all).

I could ask you where you draw the line on that, but that would be silly because I already know the answer. You're exercising reasonable judgment based on your beliefs as a quasi-average citizen, just as the law asks you to do in regards to interpreting a variety of laws, both in regards to following them and more or less administering them in the case of jury duty.

I sat on a jury for a first-degree murder trial where the defendant claimed self defense. In voir dire they kicked a woman who claimed her religion would not let her ever accept the fact that killing a person is acceptable, even in self-defense. (But they grilled the hell out of her, and sadly I think she was serious.) Point being, her personal beliefs were so far out of step with the average belief of the people they pull that she was deemed not fit to sit on such a trial. She couldn't deliver a fair vote based on current Oklahoma law. Your beliefs on corporal punishment are, speaking statistically here and now, similar to her beliefs on killing another human.

I just think it's intellectually dishonest and insulting to actual abuse victims to put all physical discipline in the category of abuse, and that's coming from a person that is 100% against spanking/corporal punishment. And I don't find it unreasonable to expect adults to know where that line is and not cross it. YMMV.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But you can spank, switch, paddle, etc. your child for discipline. It's not specifically listed, but I'd imagine hitting with a belt would also qualify as legal in OK. The interesting thing is that a school teacher and other adults can discipline your child too with the same force. And if they do it to your child for discipline purposes, you can't bring them up on charges.

Parents have to sign a corporal punishment permission slip in order to be punished like that in school. I got swats from both my middle school and high school principal but neither one was near as bad as what I got when i got home. I also went to a Catholic grade school and we had a mean Bit#h of a nun for a principal that walked up and down the hall way with her paddle.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that a school teacher and other adults can discipline your child too with the same force. And if they do it to your child for discipline purposes, you can't bring them up on charges.

I went to a wedding this past weekend and I bumped into my private school principal who use to give me "spankings" when I was in grade school and then phone the parents so they could do a mulligan on my behind. We had a couple good laughs about it, I personally dont see anything wrong with this as long as its done right.

In my case I stayed in a tight knit community where its not just random people kicking your kid's butt. She has known my family for decades and knows most of the community personally. However "doing it right" is sometimes hard to get right *shrug*.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I'm sitting here at work with tears running down my face, yes I'm crying.
I have been to some counseling, prob not near enough.
I don't plan on any vengeance, I'm not that kind of guy. It was over 30 years ago now and I have forgot/didn't realize how much that has still affected/effected(whatever) me to this day.

I grew up in the same type of household, and I know you don't know from Adam, but if you, or anyone else need to talk, feel free to PM.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having a rough day after watching this last night. Didn't sleep well, can't concentrate at work today. I thought I was ok when I got up this morn but it is really eating at me now.
That being said, i can't see how beating someone for beating someone makes any of you any better than the one who did the beating originally. Or whatever I'm trying to say.
Some of you sound like animals just as bad as the out of control dad.EDIT, saying that you would beat the dad, condoning his rape, etc...

Most reasonable people expect a parent to protect, nurture and discipline their child. This was someone doing none of those things. Those who are protective of children want to right a wrong when they see one as eggregious as this. That doesn't mean they would actually beat, rape or kill the guy, but wishing him a fate equal to what he inflicted is a normal human reaction. That doesn't make us equally as bad as him. He violated a trust and should be punished. I have no problem passing judgement on his actions, and would be among the first in line to cuff him up and bring him to justice. That doesn't mean I'd violate his civil rights while doing it. I might WISH to do so, but wouldn't. Only doing so would make me no better than him, and I'm better than that.

My personal view on the matter? If you're so jacked in the head that you would subject your own child to physical/sexual or severe emotional abuse, you need to get help before it happens. If you can't do that, you need to walk away and do whatever it takes to never allow yourself to be in that position again. If you can't do that, you need to self-terminate. That doesn't mean I condone suicide. It just means that you need to man up and put the needs of others before your own twisted thoughts. :(

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that really pissed me off.
dude deserves a good dry gulch off his blind side for that kinda crap.
spanking is one thing, malicious beating is uncalled for.
what a POS

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, very sad video. As others have said, it sticks with me, both as a reminder of the jackasses out there who hurt others and don't know how to parent and as a Reminder of all the kids involved in stuff like this. I'm sure this goes on in more houses without becoming public knowledge than just cases like this where it os documented and we can see exactly what is happening.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I'm sitting here at work with tears running down my face, yes I'm crying.
I have been to some counseling, prob not near enough.
I don't plan on any vengeance, I'm not that kind of guy. It was over 30 years ago now and I have forgot/didn't realize how much that has still affected/effected(whatever) me to this day.

peanut i have no idea what you're going through, but i do know a guy who does. he doesn't know you but i'm positive that if you need someone to talk to about it, he would be up for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom