Just another warning to check your ammo...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a brand new FACTORY American Eagle 9mm 147 grain round we found when test firing a pistol. You can actually see the bottom of the bullet itself and I think if I really wanted to, I could pull the bullet out.

The photo was taken with my cell phone... I can take better photos if anybody really needs to see some.

Anyway... moral of the story... CHECK YOUR AMMO! I don't know what, if anything it would have done to shoot it, but I don't think I want to find out. Kudos to the Wife for catching it!
alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TJ_2cI_iJSI_AAAAAAAAEGs_tMv_xRxxolM_s640_2010_09_26_2016.08.02.jpg

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had some similar instances of that defect with the winchester 100 rd white box 9mm FMJ. I always have caught it before loading the magazines however. Out of 1k rounds I have used of winchester, about 8 have been defective like that.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found a wrong caliber here and there in a few of my winchester boxes. Guess it's the price you pay for cheap ammo :D I'm glad your wife caught that. Better safe than sorry.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Email the manufacturer. They will probably give you a gift certificate. It will also help them identify the problem that allowed this to escape.

Latest posts

Top Bottom