K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I just am interested in WWII. If I had the $ I would buy rifles, pistols, medals, etc from many nations. The Germans are known for their engineering, they battle weapons are superior and many modern guns are built off their technology. Not to mention all the secret weapons we found such as rocket technology, missile technology. It has been told that the US space program was really Nazi Germany Space program. We stole all of their scientist and created our own programs with their technology. So I am not in hatred of Nazi Germany, nor love them. In fact like any nation does the average soldier know what their Senior Military Officers are doing? No, so I can only conclude that the soldiers were fighting for their country. Now the concentration camp soldiers, and those that knew about it that is another story.

I thought I was very clear - give me a reason to collect something you genuinely despise. Study or even respect - I understand, claim as your own property - I don't.
If you are collecting OU memorabilia, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are OU alumnus, but it is safe to say that have something more than hatred for OU.
Just the same - I'm not saying collecting Nazi stuff makes you a Nazi, but it might be safe to say you have something more than hatred. Curiosity ... maybe, but I figure it should be satisfied rather easily.

We are on the same page. So I don't know why you disagree with me on "collecting" - you got some-something in the back of the safe you are not very proud of?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am not in hatred of Nazi Germany, nor love them. In fact like any nation does the average soldier know what their Senior Military Officers are doing? No, so I can only conclude that the soldiers were fighting for their country. Now the concentration camp soldiers, and those that knew about it that is another story.

You believe in fairytale. Very few people became Nazis as part of carrier progression, but 99.99% were hatred filled racists; it was a voluntary organization.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erman-troops-driven-bloodlust-killed-fun.html

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that looks like 100% gospel. I guess I've been shown the error of my thinking. I suppose the vets I've spoken with (some related to me, some not) remembered the Nazis wrong. Even the POWs had memory lapses about their captors, it seems.

Time for a group hug! (Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt)

I'll be selling off my hate inspired 98s now. Got a '37 made by Sauer, with three different eagle stampings on receiver - any takers?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You believe in fairytale. Very few people became Nazis as part of carrier progression, but 99.99% were hatred filled racists; it was a voluntary organization.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erman-troops-driven-bloodlust-killed-fun.html
is
You do know this story is in a British tabloid, right? Read the article carefully; it's worded such that a casual reader might be misled in thinking all 150,000 pages of the interrogation transcripts are filled with the bloodthirsty stories they reported. If you check less biased and sensationalistic sources, you'll find that these incidents were pretty much in the minority. I can check a book I read recently for the name of a German general who protested in 1941 or 1942, when the Third Reich was still in its ascendancy, about the depredations taking place behind the front lines. That's just one story, and there are plenty more like it. As for your statistic of 99.9% being "hatred filled racists" - are you talking about the SS? Do you mean the Allgemeine SS, the Waffen SS, the SS Totenkopf Verbande, or any or all of the above? What is the source for your statistic?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for your statistic of 99.9% being "hatred filled racists" - are you talking about the SS? Do you mean the Allgemeine SS, the Waffen SS, the SS Totenkopf Verbande, or any or all of the above? What is the source for your statistic?

Do we have a definition problem?

Nazi - member of Nazi Party
Nazism - a variety of fascism that incorporates biological racism and antisemitism.

Seems pretty clear to me: you can't be a Nazi if you don't believe in Aryan superiority AND hate Jews (and other sub-humans).

I'm sure you can come up with anecdotal stories about how not all Nazis were bad - it doesn't change the facts : what Nazis stand for AND what they did.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do we have a definition problem? Nazi - member of Nazi Party Nazism - a variety of fascism that incorporates biological racism and antisemitism. Seems pretty clear to me: you can't be a Nazi if you don't believe in Aryan superiority AND hate Jews (and other sub-humans). I'm sure you can come up with anecdotal stories about how not all Nazis were bad - it doesn't change the facts : what Nazis stand for AND what they did.
What about Germans who joined the Nazi Party for the purpose of furthering their careers without giving much thought to the ideals espoused by the party, or who were forced to join regardless of their opinions about Aryan superiority or the Jewish question? Yes, you read that correctly - the Nazi Party was not strictly an all-volunteer organization, especially later in the war as the Waffen SS dragooned reluctant recruits to fill their depleted ranks. However, let's go with your definition for the sake of argument; what is the source for your citation of the 99.9% number? I'm curious where you got that, or if it's just a personal opinion of yours based on conjecture. Taking the Nazi Party as a whole - yes, their ideology was reprehensible, and remains so as espoused by Neo-Nazi's. I'll agree on that point. I just question your statistics.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, let's go with your definition for the sake of argument; what is the source for your citation of the 99.9% number? I'm curious where you got that, or if it's just a personal opinion of yours based on conjecture.

It wasn't meant statistic it was a figure of speech.
I'm sure there were some good people sucked in to 8 million strong system - but it's like picking grapes from pile of manure and calling it raisins.

P.S. I doubt involuntary recruits were party members .... despite your notions, they didn't just let anybody in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom