K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is this 20,000,000 number you speak of?
German force at the beginning of WWII.

By the way, Nazi Party membership accounted for about 12% of the German population - not a majority by any means.
I understand that not every German or soldier was a Nazi - but it's not like Nazi ideology, goals or agenda was kept a secret! Concentration camps were kept under wraps - but not because they thought they were doing something "wrong" ... before the concentration camps, Jewish ghettos were open for visits - people would take a vacation to see the "dirty Jews" like a damn zoo.

I get it that your aversion to all things Nazi stems from your family tragedy - that's understandable, and I respect it.

I try to keep my argument as objective as possible.

I'm really trying to comprehend some other point of view other than Nazis marching down Eastern Europe under the flag of ethnic cleansing - which was obviously NOT directed at Western Europe and their "white" descendants from US. So I don't see how "they didn't treat American POWs super bad" takes away thousands of Jews and Slavs murdered every day!

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to assert that every American knew/cooperated with allied bombing practices 1944-45, yet some here assume each Nazi is responsible for brutality of their government.
Bombing of Germany was a long and difficult moral decision - it's covered very well in this documentary: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/bombing/

You are right war is brutal - but it doesn't change the fact that each every Nazi was and is morally wrong; and the fact that they acted on their ideology of hate - makes me hate them; yes every single one of them. You keep making it sound like Nazi ideology is misunderstood in the clouds of history - no it's not, it's very clear!

At least now, with 60-70 years of history behind us, we can see how wrong they were.
Hundreds of thousands of American soldiers laid their lives because they knew how wrong Nazis were back then, show some respect.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bombing of Germany was a long and difficult moral decision - it's covered very well in this documentary: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/bombing/

Hundreds of thousands of American soldiers laid their lives because they knew how wrong Nazis were back then, show some respect.

Yep, a bunch in my family went "over there". Had an uncle that served in WWI and II. Saying they were sent to war for a cause that is at best, questionable, in no way disrepects the soldier. All the soldiers, German, Jap, even the Russkies were sent off to war by politicians.

Now whether the US would have been better off to let the commies fight their own fight is another argument.

As far the ethnic cleansing - how exactly did the slavic people come to inhabit said lands? Treaty? Purchase from the previous owners? Lucky folks that were still there after Comrade Stalin starved/killed/sent to labor camps more than a few of them...

Too bad Gen. Patton wasn't allowed to act in our interest after the war. He knew who the enemy was.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, a bunch in my family went "over there". Had an uncle that served in WWI and II. Saying they were sent to war for a cause that is at best, questionable, in no way disrepects the soldier. All the soldiers, German, Jap, even the Russkies were sent off to war by politicians.

Now whether the US would have been better off to let the commies fight their own fight is another argument.

As far the ethnic cleansing - how exactly did the slavic people come to inhabit said lands? Treaty? Purchase from the previous owners? Lucky folks that were still there after Comrade Stalin starved/killed/sent to labor camps more than a few of them...

Too bad Gen. Patton wasn't allowed to act in our interest after the war. He knew who the enemy was.

Casual use of ethnic slurs, complete lack of historical knowledge and absence of rational thought - all rolled in one. Good post, bro!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess we view history very differently. Being the offspring of babyboomers (one grandfather in Europe and the other In Japan) in a very weird sense I owe my existence to the Hitler's goose steppers and Hirohito's Tojo army. I don't own a k98 or anything Nazi oriented (Volkswagen beetle?) but I can understand and appreciate the historical importance of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom