Kel Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 accurate .357mag power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
USPSA open shooters run 9mm major power factor loads approaching .357 velocities out of 5" barrels. They don't get quite there in the energy department though, but the velocities are getting close with 124 and 115 grain bullets.

I don't think you'll have to do anything special at all with a .357 Sig platform carbine and a slow enough powder to utilize the extra barrel length. You'll make a decent increase over pistol length barrels, the question is whether you can get enough powder in the case to use that extra barrel length. I'd think a 10mm carbine would make a fine gun for deer or bear in the brush with an appropriate load and even at factory pressures.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
USPSA open shooters run 9mm major power factor loads approaching .357 velocities out of 5" barrels. They don't get quite there in the energy department though, but the velocities are getting close with 124 and 115 grain bullets.

I don't think you'll have to do anything special at all with a .357 Sig platform carbine and a slow enough powder to utilize the extra barrel length. You'll make a decent increase over pistol length barrels, the question is whether you can get enough powder in the case to use that extra barrel length. I'd think a 10mm carbine would make a fine gun for deer or bear in the brush with an appropriate load and even at factory pressures.

I wish someone made one! It'd go right along with the .44 mag carbines for short range hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom