Kind of disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a minute.... I thought all the horror stories came from people that never owned a Taurus. Weird.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"the cylinder wall on the revolver is 1/1000 of an inch to thick and it won't cycle rounds"

What was the problem?
I understand cylinder and I understand 0.001".
Which part is the "wall" and how does revolver "cycle rounds" (I thought that was a term for ejecting stuff).

Were the rounds not seating and hitting the frame?

Hate to ask - but did you turn off the "child lock"?

P.S. Brazil is in America.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well..... The gun looks GREAT!

Call them and tell them you need warranty service and that you need a prepaid shipping label. They covered shipping on mine a couple weeks ago. And they ship to Florida. Not brazil unless it gets forwarded there

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I had a couple of Taurus revolvers that were good guns. I bought a few auto that were junk. It was enough to keep me from ever buying another. I would get it fixed, sell it, and buy a Ruger or S&W.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure that .001 would stop the cylinder from turning. Do you realize how small that is? I think there is something else going on there.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
"the cylinder wall on the revolver is 1/1000 of an inch to thick and it won't cycle rounds"

What was the problem?
I understand cylinder and I understand 0.001".

Were the rounds not seating and hitting the frame?

Hate to ask - but did you turn off the "child lock"?

I'm not sure that .001 would stop the cylinder from turning. Do you realize how small that is? I think there is something else going on there.

These are the same thoughts I had.

I have only owned one Taurus revolver. It is a 669 I got in a trade. It has become one of my favorite handguns.

It is a S&W 686 copy. From what I have read, they were made in the same factory at that time, because they were both owned by the same parent company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom