Kind of disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya I'm not seeing it being the cylinder diameter either... .001 in diameter is actually only .0005 per side which is rather small even by machinist standards.
I'm with Mo for sure, id like to know what's really off .001 that would make the gun not function?

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my first Taurus and I figured I would go with a revolver. I thought to myself how could they screw that up, they couldn't right?
When asked, I always tell people that Taurus is a total bullsh!t product.
I find it particularly troubling when I see a newbie couple buying a gun "for her", for example.
I try to talk them out of it every time and explain the concepts of false economy and real world street reliability....yet many will still rationalize the purchase.
:anyone:

Anyway, sorry about your luck with it.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
::UPDATE::

K so here is what I was told by the gun smith at OUTDOOR AMERICA where I purchased the revolver. He said the the cylinder wall was a few micrometers to thick. Here was the issue explained in more detail. If there was a round loaded in a specific spot (had a xy symbol and / symbol surrounding that cylinder/spot the bullet goes) it would no rotate the cylinder. It didn't matter if there were 5 round or 1 round in the gun if that specific cylinder had a round in it then wouldn't let the cylinder rotate once it met the top or the bottom of the inside of the revolver.

They sent the gun off at no cost to me and after patiently waiting 2 months she has returned to me. According to the smith when I picked it up they shaved or sanded the cylinder and adjusted the head spacing or something to that effect. After I picked it up I took it to H&H and blasted roughly 300 rounds with not one issue.

CLIFF NOTES:

bought a gun OUTDOOR AMERICA
cylinder wouldn't turn once a specific round reached top or bottom
sent it off
waited 2 months
came back with a shaved / worked cylinder and adjusted head space
gun works now 300 rounds no issues

Latest posts

Top Bottom