Kind of disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"the cylinder wall on the revolver is 1/1000 of an inch to thick and it won't cycle rounds"

What was the problem?
I understand cylinder and I understand 0.001".
Which part is the "wall" and how does revolver "cycle rounds" (I thought that was a term for ejecting stuff).

Were the rounds not seating and hitting the frame?

Hate to ask - but did you turn off the "child lock"?

P.S. Brazil is in America.

Assuming the picture on the first post is the actual gun: The safety lock (the black round thing on top of the hammer) is poking up, which means the safety lock is engaged and the action is disabled.

For the whole story: http://www.taurususa.com/security-system.cfm

I'm going with the child lock....especially after viewing the pics in the above link and also since after it was first mentioned by moboost we never heard back from the op.....maybe taurus isn't that bad after all...(read the manual)

Lots do now. Before trashing how a gun functions, people should learn how it operates.

I engaged the safety on it when I took the picture and only then? When the safety is engaged it will not allow you to pull the trigger or cock the hammer. I noticed the issues with the gun when I was at the range. I loaded the gun, took aim, and tried to pull the trigger and the cylinder wouldn't rotate (it was like the safety was engaged or something). I thought my dumbass left the safety on so I checked it. NOPE the safety was not engaged so I opened the revolver, unloaded the rounds, and checked it out. I then loaded one round into the cylinder and checked to see if the cylinder would rotate freely all the way around. Well after doing 3 rounds on the 4th round it would not rotate all the way around EVEN if I tried to force it. So I took all the rounds out placed one round in the spot that was having the issue and trying to rotate the cylinder still no go. I tried 3 or 4 different types or ammo both in .38 special and in 357 none would allow the cylinder to rotate when loaded in the specific spot. Last test was to let that one round go one spot past and dry fire it down range. I pulled the trigger, the cylinder rotated, and I heard a click. I tried again and the gun wouldn't allow me to pull the trigger it was like the safety had been engaged. The round was now at the bottom of the cylinder trying to enter just above the trigger. I can assure you I wasn't having an Id10t error there was something wrong with the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom