Kind of disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought my first Taurus and I figured I would go with a revolver. I thought to myself how could they screw that up, they couldn't right? Well I was wrong and found out that the cylinder wall on the revolver is 1/1000 of an inch to thick and it won't cycle rounds. So I haven't even put 1 round down the pipe yet and I already have had to send it in for repair. I was told by Outdoor America that it would take 2-3 months for repair (FML).

Wow, Hate to hear you had trouble. Dont hear this too offer concearning a revolver, even from 'Terrible' Taurus. GC informed us of a revolver fail recently but I fail to remember the maker.

I personally have had good luck with two of their wheelies.

Of course it goes without saying my 642 is superior in F&F. Thanks for sharing.

I will not however buy Taurus SA. I guess I need to put them down a notch in Rev. quality as well.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first revo was a Taurus as well as my first 1911...I shot the hell out of both of them and never had a single issue.....sucks to hear that your having problems. Taurus seems to be hit or miss with their Quality Control.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the outside diameter of the cylinder is too large and it is dragging on the top strap and maybe underneath the cylinder on the frame.

I would think the same thing, but not when he said that the wall was .001 too thick. Usually on a revolver there is a much larger space between the top strap and the frame. You can usually see daylight there. .001 is barely anything. I think it either has to do with the child lock or possibly the ammo. I've had some revolvers where the crown of the casing(brain farted and can't remember what is is actually called...the groved end with the primer) was too thick and would not allow the cylinder to rotate. I would agree with your above statement if he would have said he measured the cylinder walls and they were .100 too thick, then I could see that being a problem. I could be wrong, it's happened once before. lol

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going with the child lock....especially after viewing the pics in the above link and also since after it was first mentioned by moboost we never heard back from the op.....maybe taurus isn't that bad after all...(read the manual)

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going with the child lock....especially after viewing the pics in the above link and also since after it was first mentioned by moboost we never heard back from the op.....maybe taurus isn't that bad after all...(read the manual)

except guns shouldn't have locks on them.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned 5 Taurus' since 1991, shot the crap out of them and have never killed one. Still have a 24/7 DS compact in .40 that I keep stuck in the couch and shoot now and then. I have zero complaints with Taurus. I think you have to keep it in perspective with all of the other failures that occur to all brands(remember glock recoil springs for example?).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots do now. Before trashing how a gun functions, people should learn how it operates.

Most quality platforms do NOT have gun locks on them. FWIW, IF this is a Taurus gun lock problem it's definately not a first, so they obviously are a dangerous variable in terms of self defense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom