Knife sharpening OKC area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Runner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you still looking to get your knives sharpened?

The guy on MacArthur discolored my wife's kitchen knives when he got the edges too hot on his grinder. Fortunately, I didn't turn him loose on my EDC and hunting knives. After having to replace my wife's kitchen knives and not being able to find a good sharpening solution for my knives, I decided to pursue the DIY program. After much research, I ended up purchasing the Wicked Edge Pro sharpening system last November. After breaking in the diamond stones (took 8-10 knives), I have been amazed at the edge I was able to put on all of my knives. Without the Wicked Edge, I could never sharpen anything to my liking and now I am able to maintain or reprofile to exact edge angles and polish to a near mirror finish. Now, I am saving up to add a set of ceramic stones to more easily achieve a mirror finish.

The disadvantage to the Wicked Edge is the cost. But, if the "professional" knife sharpener is ruining your knives or grinding away excessive metal, the cost of the sharpener looks more justified all the time. For another way to help justify the cost, I sharpened knives for the extended family as Christmas presents. They were really excited at the idea of having sharp knives and I didn't have to go shopping for presents. However, despite repeated warnings about how sharp their knives were, each of them cut themselves within a few days of beginning to use their sharpened knives.

In the past, I had a hunting buddy sharpen my skinning knife because he had always achieved a better edge than me. Since the introduction to the Wicked Edge, he is paying me to sharpen his knives. I tried to not let him pay me, but he insisted the money should go toward buying the ceramics so I can put a mirror finish on a couple of his heirloom type knives.

If you want to pursue the the DIY program, the Wicked Edge is worth looking at. It will take a little effort and practice to become proficient at the sharpening motion. It took me 30-40 knives before the sharpening motion started to feel more natural. Then somewhere after 100+ knives, I became a little careless with how lightly I was holding one of the strops and caught the end of my finger as I was putting the finishing touches on a bowie knife. The slice of skin on the edge of the blade was evidence enough that the blade was ready to go and that I was becoming too comfortable with the sharpening motion.

If you don't want to try and sharpen them yourself, I can try to help you out if you like the look and feel of the blades I have sharpened. With kitchen knives and all, I have at least 20 or so knives on site you could inspect.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the best things is not to let them get too dull to start. You will be amazed that starting to loose that sharp edge and be renewed by stropping on leather with a little polishing compound on it.
Preventive maintenace does wonders.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya' know, I appreciate all the input all of you have given, sincerely. I wanted and asked for someone to sharpen my skinning and gutting knives, and some have not been sharpened professionally in years, NOT a sharpening system if you will. Someone contacted me who on OSA likes to stay below the radar and I have taken my knives to him. I* am so impressed with this young person I will buy at least one Damascus knife or more from him now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom