Kudos for EOTech customer service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a used EOTech 517 off of an OSA member back in the summer. I have really only used it in low light up to this point, but recently got to use it on a bright/sunnt day and found out that the reticle was very hard to see (just would not get bright enough). Went to the EOTech website and followed their troubleshooting steps, but that did not help. I contacted EOTech and explained the issue. They told me to send it back for repair. I did that about two weeks ago and got it back last night. Reticle is now nice and bright and the repair cost me nothing even though the sight was out of warranty (sight was made in 2009 and warranty is two years). Can't say enough about a company that takes care of you like that on a used item that was way outside of the warranty period.

HKP7M13

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar experience, the sight reticle was dim and the unit was out of warranty. I sent It in and Eotech repaired it free of charge. They may cost more than some of the knock offs out there but I think you get what you pay for in this case. I have seen many of the less expensive sights change zero with recoil or literally fall apart after just a few rounds. I will run my Eotech until my new 90 watt plasma blaster gets here on UPS.

John

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may have to call EOTech about mine. It just died the last time I shot my Mini-14. No sight picture at all. Didn't think they would warranty it because I didn't get a sales receipt. And, John, nice avatar bud!

Latest posts

Top Bottom