LaRue Brachter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the monetary cost absorbed by society for "what two consenting adults" do with illegal drugs is OK with you?

"ok with me" may not be an accurate term.

Am I willing to accept that idiots (drunks, dope addicts, lardasses) create cost to society over the idea of the state regulating activities I disapprove of? You bet.

Your question concerning the "cost absorbed" is the same logic the anti-gun folks use when trying to justify limiting firearm freedom.

FWIW - I do not approve of taxpayers being forced to pay for needles, rehab, open-heart surgery, etc.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Am I willing to accept that idiots (drunks, dope addicts, lardasses) create cost to society over the idea of the state regulating activities I disapprove of? You bet.

Rationalizing billions of dollars just to be a "libertarian". Bravo.

And people thought it was just the likes of Biden, Harris, Schumer, Waters, Pelosi that are hosing the country.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rationalizing billions of dollars just to be a "libertarian". Bravo.

And people thought it was just the likes of Biden, Harris, Schumer, Waters, Pelosi that are hosing the country.

Winning the War on Drugs, are we? How much has that cost? In dollars, in loss of privacy, in asset forfeiture without conviction?

Besides, our government doesn't worry about billions of dollars - Trump and Biden both approved printing more, created out of thin air.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Winning the War on Drugs, are we? How much has that cost? In dollars, in loss of privacy, in asset forfeiture without conviction?

Besides, our government doesn't worry about billions of dollars - Trump and Biden both approved printing more, created out of thin air.

So, we'd expect a big bump in supply and drop in price for the newly legal drugs, right? Would you expect a big body count in ODs initially? Or would we be able to offset that by diverting the billions in enforcement to medical and rehab? I wonder if we'd have more addicts? Can't really envision someone not using meth when it's illegal and then deciding, hey meth is legal, I'll give it a whirl. But, people are shockingly stupid sometimes.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No (genius). You are OK with a guy selling weed he illegally grew to dope smoking losers?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big difference between meth and pot, not even in the same ball park. Pot should have never been illegal in the first place. Only reason it is illegal is because Dow Chemical didn't want hemp competing with nylon.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Posts 63, 67, 69 - I already answered that. I am ok with a guy selling weed he grew illegally grew to dope smoking losers.

What part of "mind my own business" confuses you?

Not confused. Possibly curious as to what type of cretin would be OK with people breaking the law. Thanks for helping me to understand that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not confused. Possibly curious as to what type of cretin would be OK with people breaking the law. Thanks for helping me to understand that.

Dude - you should probably know I have exactly zero respect for any victimless law. Zero. Absolute contempt for authority.

Does that make it pretty clear?

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude - you should probably know I have exactly zero respect for any victimless law. Zero. Absolute contempt for authority.

Does that make it pretty clear?

Let’s rehash to make sure ...

You don’t care if people break the law if you think it is a victimless crime.

You have no respect for authority.

Right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom