LaRue Brachter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why should the state babysit illegal dope growing with our tax dollars? Cut it, burn it and put his butt in jail for distribution.

Well, because we pay taxes for police to patrol?

Do they not patrol, check on other closed businesses, regardless of licensure status?

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, because we pay taxes for police to patrol?

Do they not patrol, check on other closed businesses, regardless of licensure status?

By all means they should not exclude his residence or what was once an illegal grow facility (likely been cut and burned by now) from any regular patrol. Even those illegally growing weed for dope smoking losers are entitled to such. But not their job to provide security or to "put a lock on his door" for him to "nurture" his illegal dope growing.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By all means they should not exclude his residence or what was once an illegal grow facility (likely been cut and burned by now) from any regular patrol. Even those illegally growing weed for dope smoking losers are entitled to such. But not their job to provide security or to "put a lock on his door" for him to "nurture" his illegal dope growing.

It would seem that Mr. Bratcher was pulling his own security, not asking for anything, other than to be left alone.

I'm not sure why felt the need to shoot the guy through the door, but the rest of it is irrelevant to me.

Growing weed, building machine guns at 1am, dressing up like a circus clown, or staying on the internet while alcohol pickles your brain are all activities that harm no one but the individual partaking in them. Who gives a crap about the dude's weed except the tax collector?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the state should avoid conflating the business license issue with the shooting itself. IMO, neither SYG nor Castle Doctrine should apply to shooting someone through a locked exterior door, who hasn't yet proven to be a threat of death or great bodily harm.

So as long as the state charges the shooter with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder or manslaughter, they should be on solid ground. If they try to charge felony murder rule, that would be bad, at least IMO.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the refusal to renew the license due to renovations is complete BS. One has nothing to do with the other. Also, you have 1.5 in inventory but can't afford renovations?

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would seem that Mr. Bratcher was pulling his own security, not asking for anything, other than to be left alone.

I'm not sure why felt the need to shoot the guy through the door, but the rest of it is irrelevant to me.

Growing weed, building machine guns at 1am, dressing up like a circus clown, or staying on the internet while alcohol pickles your brain are all activities that harm no one but the individual partaking in them. Who gives a crap about the dude's weed except the tax collector?

You think he was growing dope like you would a lawn?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think he was growing dope like you would a lawn?

I don't care if he was refining heroin. He was on his own property, and someone was breaking in.

Shooting through the door is the only thing I see he did wrong. (and depending on the circumstances, that may or may not be wrong)

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as two consenting adults are involved, I sure am.

I'm not responsible for others' bad choices, nor do I advocate for drug use - but what a grown man does, or sells - is none of my business.

So the monetary cost absorbed by society for "what two consenting adults" do with illegal drugs is OK with you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom