LaRue Brachter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two Questions:

If the state suspended his license, why didn't the state secure the grow facility?

Regardless of his license being suspended, what is wrong with protecting and nurturing his investment from neglect until he could secure his license? It appears the state wasn't protecting the crop and he wasn't trying to sell the stuff.

Woody

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the state suspended his license, why didn't the state secure the grow facility?

There is federal law that would allow property confiscation if involved with a criminal drug enterprise. But from the limited information here, this was not a case of criminal enterprise in 2019. I would bet he had to get rid of his plants or reduce to the maximum one can legally have while he attempted to get his facility remedied.

Regardless of his license being suspended, what is wrong with protecting and nurturing his investment from neglect until he could secure his license?

Going to guess, maybe because it is illegal to grow weed without the proper license?

It appears the state wasn't protecting the crop and he wasn't trying to sell the stuff.

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic so I need to ask, why would the state use our tax dollars to protect an illegal (key word) grow operation? And do you really think the 480 plants he had were just for personal use and not being sold?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is federal law that would allow property confiscation if involved with a criminal drug enterprise. But from the limited information here, this was not a case of criminal enterprise in 2019. I would bet he had to get rid of his plants or reduce to the maximum one can legally have while he attempted to get his facility remedied.

Going to guess, maybe because it is illegal to grow weed without the proper license?

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic so I need to ask, why would the state use our tax dollars to protect an illegal (key word) grow operation? And do you really think the 480 plants he had were just for personal use and not being sold?

From what I understand, it didn't start out in 2019 as an illegal operation as you stated. The state shouldn't use our tax dollars to protect an illegal operation, but the state should use our tax dollars to secure the site to keep the stuff from falling into the wrong hands - which is what Brachter did.

Sarcasm is not my forte. I lean toward reductio ad absurdum when advantageous.

Woody

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand, it didn't start out in 2019 as an illegal operation as you stated. The state shouldn't use our tax dollars to protect an illegal operation, but the state should use our tax dollars to secure the site to keep the stuff from falling into the wrong hands - which is what Brachter did.

Sarcasm is not my forte. I lean toward reductio ad absurdum when advantageous.

Woody

I would suggest you attempt to develop a new forte ... try improving your reading comprehension. I didn’t state it “started out” as an illegal operation. Actually said it did not start out as one. It became an illegal grow operation when he failed to get the proper license.

So for two years, Brachter was just being a good citizen “securing” (and “nurturing”) his dope that he was growing illegally? Such a good lad to take such care of his illegal dope plants.

As to why the state doesn’t take care of illegally grown dope, my understanding (and I could be wrong) is that if OBN or other such LEO finds someone illegally growing pot, they don’t secure it for the person “nurturing” his illegal weed ... they chop it down and kill it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest you attempt to develop a new forte ... try improving your reading comprehension. I didn’t state it “started out” as an illegal operation. Actually said it did not start out as one. It became an illegal grow operation when he failed to get the proper license. That's exactly what I understood you to say and it's what I wrote.

So for two years, Brachter was just being a good citizen “securing” (and “nurturing”) his dope that he was growing illegally? Such a good lad to take such care of his illegal dope plants. Good boy - bad boy - doesn't matter. The state didn't secure the grow operation, chop it down or kill it as far as I can tell. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been any crop to be stolen by the guy who got shot through the door.

As to why the state doesn’t take care of illegally grown dope, my understanding (and I could be wrong) is that if OBN or other such LEO finds someone illegally growing pot, they don’t secure it for the person “nurturing” his illegal weed ... they chop it down and kill it.

That's me in the red.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom