Latest in the Jerome Jay Ersland saga.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And lied about it. He stated in the initial interview that he pumped the 5 bullets BEFORE leaving to chase scumbag #2 down the street in a running gun battle. :rolleyes:

When you stop and think about the possibilities, it becomes clear that he screwed himself in so many ways with his lying and grandstanding. He had two avenues to walk from this charge, and he screwed himself out of both with his mouth. And has continued to do so even after "admission" to the jail. :faint:

Agree X 1000%

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
of course it matters .. regardless of how big a scumbag Ersland is .. and how many lies he told. all that still doesn't change what's on the ground. which is: based on forensic evidence NO one actually knows if downed thug was dead or alive when the five shots was taken.

if indeed ANY doubt remains if downed thug was dead or alive. then the guilty verdict of murder1 is bogus and should be vacated. there's plenty of cases where DNA evidence exonerates guilty murder1 verdicts.

it's a fact juries are not always correct. that's how our system of justice works... justice is blind... all the jury can do is work with what is presented to them.

I'll go out on a limb and state if the jury was presented with above fact that it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds. it just cannot be done! and that NO one will ever know if downed thug was alive or dead at time of five shots. NO way that jury would have delivered a guilty verdict of murder1.

And if the defense is incompetent, combined with a dumb-ass client, combined with most everyone involved grandstanding ... all stand to gain from the national exposure. all except for Ersland who remains in jail.

my prediction is that the guilty verdict of murder1 will end up being vacated. And that Ersland will be charged with other charges related to his loud mouth.

For those of you who keep asking or stating that the kid was dead or that there was no way to prove when he died within seconds....that doesn't matter as Ersland himself stated that the kid was alive. He said it over and over, in fact, that was his defense, he shot the kid 5 more times because he was alive and a threat. Ersland's defense supported the M.E.'s opinion that the kid was alive at the time of the last 5 shots, there was never a question of exactly when the kid died, never. The defense could not argue that the kid was dead without making the Kernal looking even worse. Ersland didn't and still refuses to STFU and screwed himself.

Last edited:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how you can draw that conclusion when the defendant himself has repeated time and again that the kid was alive. Where is the doubt? What would cause the doubt? Why would the defense have any reason to question the M.E. when the defendant supports the M.E.'s opinion?

of course it matters .. regardless of how big a scumbag Ersland is .. and how many lies he told. all that still doesn't change what's on the ground. which is NO one actually knows if downed thug was dead or alive when the five shots was taken.

if indeed ANY doubt remains if downed thug was dead or alive. then the guilty verdict of murder1 is bogus and should be vacated.

it's a fact juries are not always correct. that's how our system of justice works... justice is blind... all the jury can do is work with what is presented to them.

I'll go out on a limb and state if the jury was presented with above fact that it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds. it just cannot be done! and that NO one will ever know if downed thug was alive or dead at time of five shots. NO way that jury would have delivered a guilty verdict of murder1.

And if the defense is incompetent, combined with a dumb-ass client, combined with most everyone involved grandstanding ... all stand to gain from the national exposure. all except for Ersland who remains in jail.

my prediction is that the guilty verdict of murder1 will end up being vacated. And that Ersland will be charged with other charges related to his loud mouth.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
with the Ersland's track record of saying outrageous things like killing lots of people with .50 caliber guns, etc. etc. care to make a list of all the lies Ersland told?

what Ersland says on anything lacks total credibility. this of course includes what he claims he saw, probably doped on opiates when he shot downed thug five more times.

IMHO what the ME's says also lacks credibility. there is NO way she doesn't know that it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds. it just cannot be done. vs regular folks on the jury would not know that and would only go by what the ME says.

there is NO way she didn't know it's impossible for anyone to know conclusively downed thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. doubt will always remain if thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. sorry but Ersland scumbag and all gets the benefit of doubt.

the hard cold facts speak for themselves. it's my belief the jury didn't get the benefit of that information or NO way they would have delivered a murder1 guilty verdict.

I'd like to see Ersland get his murder1 guilty verdict vacated. then charged with all the lies he told and get locked back up.

I honestly don't know how you can draw that conclusion when the defendant himself has repeated time and again that the kid was alive. Where is the doubt? What would cause the doubt? Why would the defense have any reason to question the M.E. when the defendant supports the M.E.'s opinion?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
with the Ersland's track record of saying outrageous things like killing lots of people with .50 caliber guns, etc. etc. care to make a list of all the lies Ersland told?

what Ersland says on anything lacks total credibility. this of course includes what he claims he saw, probably doped on opiates when he shot downed thug five more times.

IMHO what the ME's says also lacks credibility. there is NO way she doesn't know that it's impossible to nail down time of death within 30 seconds. it just cannot be done. vs regular folks on the jury would not know that and would only go by what the ME says.

there is NO way she didn't know it's impossible for anyone to know conclusively downed thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. doubt will always remain if thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. sorry but Ersland scumbag and all gets the benefit of doubt.

the hard cold facts speak for themselves. it's my belief the jury didn't get the benefit of that information or NO way they would have delivered a murder1 guilty verdict.

I'd like to see Ersland get his murder1 guilty verdict vacated. then charged with all the lies he told and get locked back up.

where did you get the ME said they knew the exact time of death? The ME stated from the evidence they believe parker was still alive when the last 5 shots where fired,this was backed up by ersland statements. the forensic evidence proved he was not moving ie: incapacitated and no longer a threat

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sure sounds like you just said the same thing. for ME to state downed thug was categorically alive at time of five shots. since the first shot took place 30 seconds prior. that's nailing down time of death within 30 seconds, which is not possible.

In fact evidence shows that NO one knows the exact time of death. which means NO one know with certainty if downed thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. if anything evidence that downed thug never moved again, points to thug being instantly dead. but doesn't prove it.

since it's impossible for ANYONE to know with certainty the exact time of death within 30 seconds. this without question establishes grounds to vacate Ersland's murder1 guilty verdict.

above would be still true ... regardless of what ever lies Ersland's loud mouth has blabbed out.

where did you get the ME said they knew the exact time of death? The ME stated from the evidence they believe parker was still alive when the last 5 shots where fired,this was backed up by ersland statements. the forensic evidence proved he was not moving ie: incapacitated and no longer a threat

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sure sounds like you just said the same thing. for ME to state downed thug was categorically alive at time of five shots. since the first shot took place 30 seconds prior. that's nailing down time of death within 30 seconds, which is not possible.

In fact evidence shows that NO one knows the exact time of death. which means NO one know with certainty if downed thug was dead or alive at time of five shots. if anything evidence that downed thug never moved again, points to thug being instantly dead. but doesn't prove it.

since it's impossible for ANYONE to know with certainty the exact time of death within 30 seconds. this without question establishes grounds to vacate Ersland's murder1 guilty verdict.

above would be still true ... regardless of what ever lies Ersland's loud mouth has blabbed out.

Ersland confirmed that the kid was alive at the time of the last 5 shots. Why would anyone dispute that?

If Ersland sticks with his story there is no justification to vacate the verdict.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
does the dead bleed after the heart stops beating?

correct me if I'm wrong... when a heart monitor flat lines, there is no more electrical impulses to measure. this doesn't mean the body cannot have residual pressures remaining for a short while.

------------------

"After you die, your body can be seen as a big bag of blood. Initially, that bag is under some pressure, a bit less than the diastolic pressure (the pressure between heartbeats). So if you cut into an artery a little after death you may get some squirting, rather than just leaking. It won’t be much, since diastolic pressure isn’t that much over the pressure of the air, and the instant you make an incision that pressure is released.

And it only lasts for about half an hour; after that, the muscles relax completely, letting the blood vessels expand. The blood basically leaks down into the lowest parts of the body. Make an incision where the blood has pooled, and it will leak out. That’s why you hang meat by the feet after slitting the throat, to allow the blood to drain out. A mortician usually helps this out with pressurized embalming fluid.

After a few days, the blood vessels themselves will decompose along with the rest of the body. If the blood hasn't leaked out already it joins the other bodily fluids and liquid byproducts of decomposition.

So a body can bleed for a while, though in a different way from a body pressurized by the heart. "

http://askville.amazon.com/dead-bleed/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4534311

You're just grossin' me out now. Blood... icky.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The saga continues...

Tomorrow, July 11th Ersland is scheduled for sentencing. It's being reported that it is unlikely he'll receive any leniency. Judge Elliot recently was quoted as saying "Why should a judge put himself in the position of being a 13th juror when we have entrusted 12 citizens of the community to make that decision?”

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/leniency-unlikely-in-oklahoma-city-pharmacists-murder-case/article/3582760

Also some new bits of information.

1.) According to Air Force records, Ersland was reprimended for drug possesion of Ketamine while in the Air Force. Also, he was honorably discharged in July 2000 after being diagnosed with Vertigo. The presentence report said of Ersland: "Unfortunately, his current medical condition makes it difficult for him to maintain his concentration for even short periods of time,” “This lack of awareness could lead to mistakes that neither Lt. Col. Ersland nor I would want to occur"

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-pha...-drug-possession-in-air-force/article/3582761

2.) Apparantly X-Rays of Pokeman Supreme Leader Ersland's back that were taken on admission to the Oklahoma County Jail show that he only shows signs of modest osteoarthritis of the spine, a condition men about his age often endure. No broken back, no inoperable T-5 issues, no shattered vertebrea from being shelled in Iraq as he claimed. All just more of the same old made up malarky that we've come to expect from the Grand Poohbah of BS.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-pha...back-injury-examination-finds/article/3584416

3.) Karen D. Monahan who has spearheaded the petition drive to get Ersland pardoned turned over the first batch of signatures on Thursday at the Capitol. Turns out that she's also on probation for drug and weapons offenses. Of course, she claims they were her boyfriend's and she just ran out of money for defense so she plead guilty. "I'm not a bad person. And I'm not. I'm a real good person,” Monahan said Friday

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-pha...back-injury-examination-finds/article/3584416

4.) Ersland's son Jeff has also given an interview which is somewhat heartbreaking to watch. The guy obviously has feelings for his dad and seems like a good guy and he just wanted people to know that his dad isn't a cold-hearted killer. Fair enough, I'll grant him that especially under all of the circumstances. In my opinion, he and his family are also victim's of Ersland's actions. Nobody wins indeed. Such a shame...

Ps. He does also give the opinion that his dad DID use excessive force and should not have gone around the counter for the second gun.

Read more: http://www.news9.com/story/15045639/erslands-son-says-dad-isnt-a-cold-hearted-killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom