Let the Venison jerky begin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've become a fan of Moore's brisket marinade lately. this batch is real simple this time. bottle and a half of Moores,half bottle of worchestershire, about 6 ounces of hot bbq sauce,a little ceyenne,red pepper and garlic. nice traditional jerky falvor with just a little heat.

i'd love to share some but the wife and kids walk around like food aggressive dogs til it gone!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'd love to share some but the wife and kids walk around like food aggressive dogs til it gone!

My wife does that too.

But she's got a good reason. Besides liking home made jerky it does absolute wonders stabilizing and keeping her blood sugar levels low. Doc says its because the stuff is almost pure protein.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alright guys i gotta question. i've always made jerky in the oven, but i got a dehydrator & some pre-packaged jerky mix for Christmas. the jerky mix is a dry seasoning/cure. instructions say to make sure meat is cooked to at least 165 degrees for 30 minutes, then follow dehydrator instructions. dehydrator instructions say to boil meat in marinade for 4-5 minutes, but with the mix there is no marinade. so should i cook the meat before dehydrating? & if so how?

Latest posts

Top Bottom