Power Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s becoming increasingly obvious of the true fragility of the US electrical grid.
I’ve been out of power a total of 200 hours in the last week and a half, and now another large swath of east TX is out because of a major SWEPCO transmission line going down. The estimated outage time is 3 days.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s becoming increasingly obvious of the true fragility of the US electrical grid.
I’ve been out of power a total of 200 hours in the last week and a half, and now another large swath of east TX is out because of a major SWEPCO transmission line going down. The estimated outage time is 3 days.
I have thought this for YEARS. For someone with a home in a suburb of OKC we are without power more often, and for longer, than I ever was when I lived out in the country. Or in a small town.

I can only imagine that this will only get worse and worse. This country really needs to upgrade it's infrastructure but it is so fragmented I wouldn't even know where to start. Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more frequent, longer lasting outages than there are now. Maybe that's what we are looking at now?? The beginning of that downward spiral??

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found out my Mother and Brother are included in this outage, but they both have whole house generators. Both are run by propane, but my brother said his tank is low. THIS is why if I upgrade to a whole house system I want a diesel, because I can go to town for a gallon of diesel if I get low.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just found out my Mother and Brother are included in this outage, but they both have whole house generators. Both are run by propane, but my brother said his tank is low. THIS is why if I upgrade to a whole house system I want a diesel, because I can go to town for a gallon of diesel if I get low.

You can go to town for a pound of propane too. It’s just really, really expensive to buy it that way.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys need a backup generator. I can help, but only one of you if you have something to trade. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless the gas station has no power to run the pumps... *eyes the nearest farmer's elevated tanks*:idea::mean:
Just make sure you leave the daughter alone!:rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom