Alcohol tax at restaurant rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
any chance some of these places are in areas singled out for additional tax, such as a tourism or other types of areas? i know our town has a separate tax on things like hotels and some types of food to pull additional revenue from out-of-town guests.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@DRC458 Any chance you've kept any of the recent itemized tabs? I 100% believe you but I thought it was a state law now to show on your itemized receipt and have it broken out from the other tax so consumers know exactly where their money is going.

No, I never save any of those receipts. I, too, thought it was 'law' but very seldom see it!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably a separate high horse, but I refuse to get anything but water to drink at restaurants. I find it ridiculous what is charged for tea, pop, and alcohol.
Right there with ya. I bet the profit margin for tea and fountain drinks are higher than alcohol. Hell, tea is just water and a bag of leaves you can bet doesn't cost much per gallon.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reluctantly took the girls out last Friday- they wanted to have pizza, but I had a Mason deal Saturday and it's usually Pizza so I said how about Mexican, and they said OK. I told them I would order. Chicken and Beef mixed Frijeta's for two, with 3 waters- daughter- I want Dr Pepper- me- you already had one and I'm not paying $3 for one- food comes and I think it was enough for 5 people. We took enough home for another meal of them. It was Chelino's and they have really tamed down the spices and the flavor was a little weak, but ok. Just when I think I had fed the 3 of us for $25 - daughter said can I have fried Ice cream- in a weak minute I said ok- $6 for the stuff - it was good but $6- really. They don't call me cheap for nothing. Would make my folks proud their depression survival training paid off.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_6930.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom