Alcohol tax at restaurant rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I eat at the Taco factory in Ada on occasion. Last time we were in there I noticed that they started adding a service fee to our bill. Not sure what % they charge but it is figured on the total of the bill. Don’t think i will be going back……… unless my wife makes me……..she likes their tacos!!!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I want to know is, why some restaurants charge this and others do not. Being rather miserly, I watch my tabs pretty closely whenever we go out, and it seems many of the restaurants around here do not charge the extra tax. The last time I saw it here in Enid was at Bricktown.
It's not actually all tax. When they do the books, some of it ends being profit.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually the Bible says "the wages of sin is death." :)
I agree that taxes are crazy these days. I looked at rental places in South fork colorado and a price I saw looked pretty good until you added up the different taxes.
I'm with the others who only order water.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1720667038082.png

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't Bricktown have a no guns allowed sign on front door? I know the one in Owasso does so I take my business elsewhere. Wifey on the other hand could care less since she just wants her rustic pizza. :grumble: SMH

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right there with ya. I bet the profit margin for tea and fountain drinks are higher than alcohol. Hell, tea is just water and a bag of leaves you can bet doesn't cost much per gallon.
I have a friend that owned a restaurant for years. He said the profit comes from the bar and soft drinks.
Food prices are so competitive that they resort to iced tea, alcohol and soft drinks for the profit.
As we travel around the country, we find that the next bump in restaurant prices is the extra charge for using a credit card vs cash or a debit card.
Oklahoma is catching up with the other states in the CC bump. Typically, 1.5 to 2 %.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't Bricktown have a no guns allowed sign on front door? I know the one in Owasso does so I take my business elsewhere. Wifey on the other hand could care less since she just wants her rustic pizza. :grumble: SMH
Ignore it. Unless you're waving it around recklessly, nobody will know. I get the desire to punish them with your money, but there are so many businesses that do this now because their insurance forces them to institute that "warning".
They just want to stay in business, and have to follow the rules of those that keep them running.

Latest posts

Top Bottom