Lexington gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody shoot there at the gun range? I have not been to a WMA for a while. The last one I went to was right off some property my parents bought at Eufala. The property I hunt was just sold so may have to look into Lexington until I can find another lease.
Any thoughts or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure there is a link. It's a bare range. You have to bring your own targets and stands.
I've never shot there, but we have had threads about it on OSA in the past. People bring their junk out there to shoot and leave it on occasion. A group will form and clean it up, and then the junk comes back.
If I remember right there was a WWII vet that went out there to shoot, got mugged and all of his guns including an M1 Garand was stolen.
OSA and a couple of other forums put on fund raisers, and replaced the vets M1.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure there is a link. It's a bare range. You have to bring your own targets and stands.
I've never shot there, but we have had threads about it on OSA in the past. People bring their junk out there to shoot and leave it on occasion. A group will form and clean it up, and then the junk comes back.
If I remember right there was a WWII vet that went out there to shoot, got mugged and all of his guns including an M1 Garand was stolen.
OSA and a couple of other forums put on fund raisers, and replaced the vets M1.
That's why this is a good place to be.

weldingman12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot there. It is part of the Lexington public hunting lands. There are several of these areas in Oklahoma; if you have a public land management map of Oklahoma you can view them. It has been about ten years for me to have been out there. It had 3 bays no larger further than 100 yards. It was not a safe environment. There is no range safety and you have a lot of first time shooters with little to no experience with no guidance. It also bring in the people that tend to make a lot of poor choices. In my opinion it is worth the small amount of money to go to another range and as stated above you need to bring what you need to shoot. I think they did have a table or two.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a safety in numbers thing if someone got mugged!!! Steelfingers if you want to go try it out contact me and me and my son would definitely go with you. Maybe we could do another deal like this morning and do a meet and shoot for the forums.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been there 10's of times. Only worry i had was about my things when I went down range. I always carry when going down range, and if i can help it, have someone stay behind the bench. Other than that, just keep a good eye on others for safety reasons. Never hesitate to point out unsafe behavior. Just don't be a butt about it. If you truly feel unsafe, go to the other bay. The most questionable people just show up, never go down range, empty a mag or two, and take off. Never say hi or anything. Most other people are there to have fun and are quite chatty

There are permanent target stands at 50 and 100 at one of the bays. Bring a stapler. I have not been to the second bay in the last 5 visits but i think they have permanent target stands too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom