Looking for a .22 rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wound up getting the stainless Rossi pump that okrancher had. I traded him for it. Just what I needed. It is pretty accurate, and fun to shoot. Ammo is CHEAP which is very nice. Overall very happy.

m4man27

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with the Marlin 39a. It is a great full size 22 smooth action a very nice shooting rifle. The older ones are a little better than the newer models in my opinion.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited my father's 39 and that was the gun that I grew up on and it was a tack driver. I killed a lot of rats off the quail feeders with it. My son will inherit it when I am gone. It is still a tack driver. recently my son latched on to a 39a in good condition. I may have to go out to my range and shoot a box thru it just for kicks.

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a little late getting in here as usual, acp. If you haven't allready bought a .22 LR, check out the Savage MKII TR. It's a bolt gun with a tactical stock & a 22" barrel. Accurate, smooth action & cost in the $400.00 range.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Marlin 39A is probably one of the finest mass manufactured rifles on the market. They do tend to be pricy, but they always tend to hold their value compared to other mass manufactured rifles. What I love about mine is loading it up with 22short, and kill a bunch of "whats ever available for targets" soda cans, water bottles, shotgun hulls all at 50yds. Load her up with .22lr Stingers for serious work on crows, ground squirrels, dillo's, tree rats, bunnies all in season of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom