Lump charcoal in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey you smokers and grillers in Tulsa, whats the best bet and deal going for lump charcoal? I just bought a kamado style ceramic grill/smoker. Would like to get a good deal and maybe buy quite a bit if possible. Thanks

WWB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best results I had with my Big Green Egg was with lump mesquite charcoal. The company I used to order from is no longer in business but found this on Google. I have not used them but the price is about what I paid before. A little goes a long way which makes it much better for long smokes in your komado.

http://www.bbcharcoal.com/products/charcoal/

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Mustang Wally World has it as does Homeland. I have heard that the store Managers at Ace Hardware can be talked into ordering a whole pallet if you want. ymmv

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought some lump charcoal many times at Lowe's. I'll typically buy 3-4 bags at once so I have a stock in case they're out when I want it. May not be the best deal around, or the top of the line product, but it works much better than briquettes and you can't beat the convenience of being a 1/2 mile from the house. :D

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Royal Oak is supposedly made by the same people who make the Big Green Egg brand lump. I have had bad luck with frontier brand which I got at Sam's. It was all small pieces that clogged up my air flow holes. But it may have been a bad batch.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it smoking now, decided on a boston butt and some chicken titties. The butcher at reasors at 18th and yale helped me decide on the boston butt.

Uncivil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Careful with the lean ones...you will cook em to fast... I prefer wood to lump...i know i know flare ups n such...coal is for starting the fire ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom