LWRC IC SPR 16 in barrel vs BCM Jack Carbine 14.7 inch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No - for the "build" notion. If you buy a complete upper and complete lower you are merely trying (assuming here) to mate the best of both worlds, in your opinion.

Noveske barrels are known to be shooters, thus a Noveske upper is #$^^ I guess cuz it is DI. So it would appear you should only be looking at Piston systems. Logic isn't always available........

You can run a PWS, LMT, LWRC piston systems on any lower for the most part, but items coming out of different shops 'Can" add to the will it all gel nicely or not. Fairly unlikey when going with BCM, Noveske, KAC etc... The same is true if you do a Custom/Full Build where you are picking the pieces. PWS has the new key-mod hndgrd that my be of interest.

So, if you don't want to "gamble", then buy from one company and let it ride, beyond that pick your Ideals and let it ride for a 1/2 breed or custom.

Finally, if truly worried about lubing in the end times and the disgrace that DI systems bring to the warrior, Buy a coated NP3 BCG, or NIB-X coated WMD or Fail Zero. On top of that do a custom build with a coated Upper. (Find a person with a coated BCG and Upper, there is a diff..). THe only problem is those two coatings are silver-ish. Not real tactical for those in need of that emotional boost or swelling of pride. NP3 Plus would be the route I'd go from ROBARs services. Nothing krylon can't fix if the world ends as its the guts that matter. Also, a Nitro-Carb barrel would be nice too for the purposes of longevity and chamber dimensions (wylde etc...) for potential accuracy retention. NC/Isonite/Melonite/Tuffride/QPQ/Tenifer is rust/corrosion resistant as well, read up on that if wanted.

For your HD unit and optics- your looking at EoTech or Aimpoint for fixed pwr, then into Trijicon Accupoints, Bushy Elite Tact., SWFA SS, NF, Vortex PST, etc for 1-4 or 1-6 or 1-8x scopes.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The BCM rifle would be more my style... but I could put a rifle together that I like better for a hell of a lot less money, even including quality optics.

If it were me I'd get something like a PSA or BCM pencil profile 16" middy upper, build a lower, and use my own preference for add-ons... MI-SS Gen 2 9" handguard, keep the factory pinned front sight, ACS-L stock, MOE+ grip, KAC 2-600m rear sight, and an Aimpoint PRO red dot. I don't know how much I would have in it, but it would be a hell of a lot less than $2,000, I can tell you that.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The BCM rifle would be more my style... but I could put a rifle together that I like better for a hell of a lot less money, even including quality optics.

If it were me I'd get something like a PSA or BCM pencil profile 16" middy upper, build a lower, and use my own preference for add-ons... MI-SS Gen 2 9" handguard, keep the factory pinned front sight, ACS-L stock, MOE+ grip, KAC 2-600m rear sight, and an Aimpoint PRO red dot. I don't know how much I would have in it, but it would be a hell of a lot less than $2,000, I can tell you that.

I just got a complete PSA CHF pencil profile mid length upper for $499. That is a heck of a deal in my opinion.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My LWRC M6A2 has been great, 4000 rounds without any issues. It is too heavy though, if I had to do it over again I would go with the Stretch Lightweight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wolf- your not trying to say that these whiz bang coatings are a substitute for lube are you?

Folks, lube is necessary and in adequate amounts to not only provide a film layer between metal parts, but also to move debris and waste away from those moving parts.
These low friction coatings are nice for cleanup, but are not substitutes for a properly lubed weapon.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wolf- your not trying to say that these whiz bang coatings are a substitute for lube are you?

Folks, lube is necessary and in adequate amounts to not only provide a film layer between metal parts, but also to move debris and waste away from those moving parts.
These low friction coatings are nice for cleanup, but are not substitutes for a properly lubed weapon.

Exactly

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My LWRC M6A2 has been great, 4000 rounds without any issues. It is too heavy though, if I had to do it over again I would go with the Stretch Lightweight.

Also, the proprietary quad rail on the M6A2 (IC possibly) limits your options for rail replacements. The piston does too obviously, but the rail really limits your options.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

While I agree with this premise, that's not necessarily entirely accurate. I have done testing that indicates a DI platform will run both dry and dirty when utilizing a coated BCG. Specifically, I have a BCM Ion-Bond BCG in my RR Colt M16A1. The upper is a Colt 6933 11.5" with an AAC M42K suppressor. I tested it in excess of 800 rounds, full auto and suppressed with NO LUBE applied during the test period. Zero malfunctions. The gun was inspected periodically and when complete, it was beyond filthy. In some areas, the fouling was VERY thick. Yet the friction surfaces of the BCG were fairly clean and no galling of the BCG or upper were found. I did this specifically because I wanted to know if it was possible to build a DI gun that would exhibit superior reliability, contrary to the frequent refrain that DI AR's are less reliable.

Now with that said, I'm still a stickler for lube and chamber cleaning. You can run a DI AR for a LONG time without routine cleaning, so long as you periodically scrub the chamber and keep her wet. ;)

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I agree with this premise, that's not necessarily entirely accurate. I have done testing that indicates a DI platform will run both dry and dirty when utilizing a coated BCG. Specifically, I have a BCM Ion-Bond BCG in my RR Colt M16A1. The upper is a Colt 6933 11.5" with an AAC M42K suppressor. I tested it in excess of 800 rounds, full auto and suppressed with NO LUBE applied during the test period. Zero malfunctions. The gun was inspected periodically and when complete, it was beyond filthy. In some areas, the fouling was VERY thick. Yet the friction surfaces of the BCG were fairly clean and no galling of the BCG or upper were found. I did this specifically because I wanted to know if it was possible to build a DI gun that would exhibit superior reliability, contrary to the frequent refrain that DI AR's are less reliable.

Now with that said, I'm still a stickler for lube and chamber cleaning. You can run a DI AR for a LONG time without routine cleaning, so long as you periodically scrub the chamber and keep her wet. ;)

Have you performed the same test in the same conditions with a non coated BCM BCG?

Latest posts

Top Bottom