LWRC IC SPR 16 in barrel vs BCM Jack Carbine 14.7 inch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There you go raining on my parade gtg. Sounds like my point about moving debris away would hold true based on what you are saying.
Since asp beat me to the question about a normal bcg ,I will just say I would be willing to donate a new bcg for the cause. Of course, i would want it back.

My experience with a dry M16 has been limited to southern Iraq in 1991. We were specifically instructed to remove any lube from our weapons to keep the sand from "sticking". Even with new mags, the failure rate was at least one or two per magazine. Sometimes it was much more. Pretty freakin dismal. It wasnt until much later i learned that this method of weapon maintenance was the exact wrong thing to do. I blame it on a lack of understanding about the platform in this environment more than anything, along with a not inconsequential amount of institutional inertia toward change. I have had AR's since my awakening that i have run as hard, but with sexy amounts of lube and the results have been dramatic. There have been failures, but nothing even remotely approaching that of 1991.

Because of this experience, I am a firm believer in plenty of lube in the right place.

Last edited:

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There you go raining on my parade gtg. Sounds like my point about moving debris away would hold true based on what you are saying.
Since asp beat me to the question about a normal bcg ,I will just say I would be willing to donate a new bcg for the cause. Of course, i would want it back.

My experience with a dry M16 has been limited to southern Iraq in 1991. We were specifically instructed to remove any lube from our weapons to keep the sand from "sticking". Even with new mags, the failure rate was at least one or two per magazine. Sometimes it was much more. Pretty freakin dismal. It wasnt until much later i learned that this method of weapon maintenance was the exact wrong thing to do. I blame it on a lack of understanding about the platform in this environment more than anything, along with a not inconsequential amount of institutional inertia toward change. I have had AR's since my awakening that i have run as hard, but with sexy amounts of lube and the results have been dramatic. There have been failures, but nothing even remotely approaching that of 1991.

Because of this experience, I am a firm believer in plenty of lube in the right place.

I say douse that bolt dripping wet as if you were controlling the hose for a wet T-shirt contest during Spring Break...

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely, Lube is important. The OP stated end of the world and someone else stated no lube avail....etc. Thus the coatings statements Uncle - and my recs for NP3 Plus, Cerakote and CB/Isonite......

Ionbond is semi self lubricating and rock hard, as its surface is porous on the molecular level and allows for the leeching of retained oils/lubes.

So Lube up, yes, but potentially gain more flexibility with cleanings and long term use while partaking in the works of those Mad Scientists who develop the coatings (they are the ones who flunked school and mastered after school 'activities'.......l o l , kinda)

Ohhh, I hear a BCM Challenge - now who's gonna donate the ammo - BCM might? never hurts to ask. What upper (WMD coated or Std)? Try to get them to sponsor some ammo as well.

Last edited:

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rainier Arms, Gungalleryjax.com, and G and R tactical. Of the three, Rainier Arms and Gungalleryjax.com seemed to have the best customer service, i.e. they answered their phone and had a conversation about their stock and delivery methods. Plus Rainier Arms will give you a LE or Military discount. I ordered from Rainier.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I predict much happiness with that weapon. Congrats!

On a side note, g and r is a quality outfit. Email is the best way to get ahold of them. I think he is one or two man show, not sure. Everything i have ordered from them has been correct and fast. Any emails i sent were responded to within an hour by the man himself. In the future i wouldnt write them off for any future purchases.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Monies well spent.............Nice grab and Rainer's crew is top notch. Primary Arms has great CS too, and fairly local.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom