M44 "scout" rifles from Century

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 39553View attachment 39555View attachment 39554Ok, the $79 M44 "scout" rifle is a Hungarian M44. It even says it on the tag attached from Century, I dunno what is "Scout'ie" about it but anyway.... Its a complete rifle minus the stock and rear sight.
Which makes this a perfect canidate for an Archangel stock and a Brass Stacker scope. I could never make my self do this to a complete gun.

The $299 WASR10 "poor & incomplete" turned out to be a complete & what I'd consider good condition, after a cleaning. It was covered in dust on the outside but internally it was cleaned and oiled. I put a few mags thru it yesterday and it works just like an AK should!

Maybe I just got lucky on this deal? But I'll take luck anyday! :thumbup3:

Please don't waste your time and money scoping an m44. I have a rear sight leaf and libertytreecollectors has stocks.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys since this is kinda along the lines of the m44 I'm gonna toss it here.

I saw century has the t53s in stock but not the u fix thems. Since I don't have a c & r how do I go about ordering one or seeing prices with out a dealer login? If some one has a log in could you maybe pm me the price and I can try to call them to order, if any one has done that it how did it work?

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI1968-F

Dwaggonner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM sent milsurp2.0 Thanks!

& gfercaks33 that link is for the $119.00 T53's. The last few T53's I've got were from southernohiogun.com 2 were the $79 cracked stock specials, one of which the stock was nearly in new condition, the other stock was apparantly used as a club. BUT both both of those has 99% blueing & matching bolt & barrel #'s! So then I got one of thier $109 "good condition" T53's maybe 30% blueing on it, stock is "ok" but needed alot of cleaning/steaming. No #'s matched numbers, it has a Izzy bolt.
SO ANYWAY, I feel its pretty much a crap shoot with what you'll get on T53's. so you'd probably be better off getting two of the $79 specials, at least then you;ve got a pretty good chance at least putting together one good orig. rifle, & the other you could put on a $50 after market stock. At least that way you wont be in the hole if you ever decide to sell or trade them in the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom