Magpul Leaving Colorado!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul refused to stop sales to LE and gov in states that restrict citizens. And they aren't noble for leaving Colorado if the law is signed, they have to leave. it would be against the lae for them to stay and build their mags there. So they are talking put of both sides of their mouth.
Magpul said there was a provision in the law that manufacturers could stay and not be affected. They also are no longer selling to LE or gov in those states where normal people can't have them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul refused to stop sales to LE and gov in states that restrict citizens. And they aren't noble for leaving Colorado if the law is signed, they have to leave. It would be against the law for them to stay and build their mags there. So they are talking put of both sides of their mouth.
As noted, the hypocrites in the Calirado legislature put in a carve-out for manufacturing after MagPul said they'd leave. As for discontinuing sales to LE, they did:
01-Mar-13 22:35
Regarding LEO Sales

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick

President/CEO - Founder

Magpul Industries
-- http://www.magpul.com/ourgear.html

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I crossed the Arkansas on I-44, it looked like they'd need a sand-crawler, or at least a dredge. :D

Having the "World's Northernmost Ice-Free Sea Port" could be handy...

Fortunately the Port is on the Verdigris. Barges don't make it to the Arkansas until the confluence of the two rivers (actually three, including the Neosho) near Muskogee.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing if they came to Oklahoma only illegal aliens would get the jobs. I can't imagine an assembly line job paying much more then minimum wage. It's not like they are making Iphones or something complicated.

Ever seen the people who make iPhones and computers?

The finished product is complicated, but just as with a car, all you need to do is know what part yours screws to,

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Magpul refused to stop sales to LE and gov in states that restrict citizens. And they aren't noble for leaving Colorado if the law is signed, they have to leave. It would be against the law for them to stay and build their mags there. So they are talking put of both sides of their mouth.

They actually did suspend LE sales and, as pointed out already, it would not be illegal for them to stay and manufacture their magazines there. So there is a strong element of "courage of their convictions" on the part of the owners/management.

They are also savy businessmen and realize the huge PR bump they are getting out of this move. They also certainly already had some plans/locations picked out and ready to go before they started publicly talking about it.

Smart business decisions can also be noble decisions. The two ideas, contrary to those who like to demonize "big business", are not mutually exclusive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom